Hey, I'm new. Anyways...

I have a Schecter C-1 Classic which I've had for several years, but I'm starting to want a new guitar. I want the thickness of a humbucker but a little quackier and strat-like. I have a MIM strat that I play alot too. So I want something with humbuckers but brighter than my schecter which is really dark.

So I've been looking at the PRS SE Custom. I haven't had a chance to actually play one yet. I was wondering how the neck is compared to my schecter, and some other guitars. I know it isnt as thin as a strats, but is it really thick like a epi les paul? If it is iono if I could deal with that. I know I just need to go play it and see for myself but I'm curious and impatient.

Thank you for all your responses.
if it's like the custom 22 at all, it's a medium thickness neck similar to the les paul 60s slim taper. it's not bulky like the typical 50s neck, which is the one on the epi i'm fairly sure.

the SE customs are very nice guitars, as are all PRS'. i'd PERSONALLY go with the semi hollow version, but that's just my preference.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
I read that it has the wide-fat neck carve. I'm not familiar with PRS so I don't know about that. I saw the semi-hollow on PRS's website. I'll check it out next time I'm in GC as well.
Fender Mexi. Strat w/ Lace Sensor Golds
Schecter C-1 Classic
Breedlove AD-25 SR Plus

GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-20 Gigadelay
EH LPB-1 Boost
Boss TU-2 Tuner

Peavey Valveking 112
with Eminence Private Jack Speaker
Last edited by pac108 at Aug 22, 2008,
Huh. I just tried out a C-1 Plus and an SE Custom at GC yesterday.

From what I can remember (I only had about 15 minutes to try out 3 guitars, time was kind of tight) The PRS's neck was about the same size as the Schecter's (maybe a little thicker), but the finish seemed a little stickier to me. It was also strung with 9's, so it obviously felt different. I liked the feel of the Schecter more (and the tone, but I like heavier tones, so it might be what you're looking for). It did sort of feel like a slightly thinner Epi LP neck.
I plan to get the hardtail version in gray/black. Does anyone have this guitar? Is there anything i should know about it?
Fender Mexi. Strat w/ Lace Sensor Golds
Schecter C-1 Classic
Breedlove AD-25 SR Plus

GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-20 Gigadelay
EH LPB-1 Boost
Boss TU-2 Tuner

Peavey Valveking 112
with Eminence Private Jack Speaker