ISP Decimator
11 55%
Boss NS-2
7 35%
MXR Smart Gate
2 10%
Voters: 20.
aight go ahead and vote.

what's the difference between the isp g-string and the isp decimator the regular one?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Noise reduction pedal is like an attenuator right? Because my local store caries a lot of Boss Pedals (and nothing else ), so I'm just wondering, because I kinda need one.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Quote by (Metal)lica
Noise reduction pedal is like an attenuator right? Because my local store caries a lot of Boss Pedals (and nothing else ), so I'm just wondering, because I kinda need one.

They're different.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by (Metal)lica

no. they kill noise, not volume/ wattage.. people say they kill tone, but i think those are people who think theyre cool or are audiophiles. i can say for sure the ns-2 kills some tone. never tried the decimator or the mxr though
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
aight go ahead and vote.

what's the difference between the isp g-string and the isp decimator the regular one?

the G String has the same brains as the Pro Rack G, only single channel.

The regular ISP pedal has one input, one output, and it filters noise directly.

The GString has 2 ins and 2 outputs. One set of I/O is used for the loop, and you plug the guitar directly into the input of the second set of I/O. It uses the original guitar signal coming in to track against the signal it's filtering at the fx loop. This allows it to be very effective at removing only noise, and it also allows you to put pedals like boosts after the GString and before the amp input where they can most effectively boost the front end of a preamp. Any noise from the pedals can be removed at the fx loop using it this way.

If the amp doesn't have an fx loop, the 2nd set of I/O can be used as it's own loop, so it can still track a clean guitar signal against what is noise introduced by the pedals. This way operates similar to how the NS-2 works. The filtering is superior to the NS-2 however.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Thought I'd post here as opposed to a new thread.
Do these pedlas reduce feedback too? And if not, what will?

I have a much too moisy set up atm Q.Q
Quote by sgwielder
Thought I'd post here as opposed to a new thread.
Do these pedlas reduce feedback too? And if not, what will?

I have a much too moisy set up atm Q.Q

That's pretty much their main purpose - eliminate hum and feedback...
The G String has a set of send/return so it can be used in front of your chain and in your effects loop.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS