hey guys
i have a 6505+ with a used XXX cab, looking to get a new cab.

suggestions?

im feeling mesa.
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by ilovemySG
hey guys
i have a 6505+ with a used XXX cab, looking to get a new cab.

suggestions?

im feeling mesa.

I'd check out vader cabs, they are built amazingly
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i have the 6505 cab and its pretty good ...but im lookin for maybe another cab that would be even better...maybe a 2x12 or a 4x12
what about egnater?
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Try a marshall cab
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
I have a Marshall 1936 2x12 and I can get a pretty sweet tone out of it with my 6505+. If you're looking for something a little easier to carry around, it might be a good choice for you.

I'm looking to hopefully pick up a Framus Dragon cab sometime before Christmas though.
Quote by adtthosa
I have a Marshall 1936 2x12 and I can get a pretty sweet tone out of it with my 6505+. If you're looking for something a little easier to carry around, it might be a good choice for you.

I'm looking to hopefully pick up a Framus Dragon cab sometime before Christmas though.

Absolutley not. That cab is mediocre at its best.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I could recommend Avatar cabs. They make as good of cabs as anyone, and not to mention, you get to choose what speakers you want.

I'd say check it out. But who am I?
My favorite cab I ever used with my 5150 was the Framus Dragon cabinet.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
If you are serious about your playing I´d recommend a Mesa Rectifier Std 4x12. That´s the best **** you can get.

Otherwise the ENGL 4x12 with Vintage 30 speakers is a great second choice. The Mesa is slightly better but the ENGL is a bit cheaper.
Quote by Schizofren
If you are serious about your playing I´d recommend a Mesa Rectifier Std 4x12. That´s the best **** you can get.

Otherwise the ENGL 4x12 with Vintage 30 speakers is a great second choice. The Mesa is slightly better but the ENGL is a bit cheaper.

i agree 100% with the recto suggestion...do a search for this....i preach mesa cabs at least 3 times a day!!...excellent combo (peavey high gain head & mesa recto)

i have never used a engl cab but if its got v-30's it's got to be pretty close to the mesa cab.

<--needs to learn to use the cut and paste function--

try before ya buy
Quote by rwalby9
My favorite cab I ever used with my 5150 was the Framus Dragon cabinet.

This is my setup and i can safely say, its awesome.
Quote by JaGi
This is my setup and i can safely say, its awesome.

You have the exact rig that I wanted
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
thanks guys
ile be sure to try out the engl, mesa, and dragon cab

woot!
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
what about a marshall 1960av? they're a wonderful companion to 5150/6505's
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
what about a marshall 1960av? they're a wonderful companion to 5150/6505's

that too!
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Orange, Bogner, Port Waves, Earcandy, Splawn... there are alot of good cabs out there (and some not so good ones).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Orange, Bogner, Port Waves, Earcandy, Splawn... there are alot of good cabs out there (and some not so good ones).

did you mean Port City? I've been told they are great cabs, I really want to try one.

Besides everything mentioned already, the ENGL pro cabs are very good, as are the Diezel front loaded cabs. The Krank cabs believe it or not are very decent cabs, one of the only makers using a solid poplar hardwood rather than a ply. Not sure how V12 Legends will mesh with the 5150, but Vader also uses a version of the Legend. Best cab I've owned or used though, is the Mills Acoustics 412B, by quite a margin. Built like no other cab I've ever seen or heard.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
did you mean Port City? I've been told they are great cabs, I really want to try one.

Besides everything mentioned already, the ENGL pro cabs are very good, as are the Diezel front loaded cabs. The Krank cabs believe it or not are very decent cabs, one of the only makers using a solid poplar hardwood rather than a ply. Not sure how V12 Legends will mesh with the 5150, but Vader also uses a version of the Legend. Best cab I've owned or used though, is the Mills Acoustics 412B, by quite a margin. Built like no other cab I've ever seen or heard.

Yeah, Port City, the Wave's the name of the cabinet . And Erock, is your Krank cab loaded with Texas Heats? How do they sound for high gain?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Yeah, Port City, the Wave's the name of the cabinet . And Erock, is your Krank cab loaded with Texas Heats? How do they sound for high gain?

hey bro, yeah, right now I have an X pattern of Texas Heats and V30 in it. I think the Heats are great actually, they have a nice chunk, and a nice balanced midrange. I've noticed they do attenuate some highs, however this can be really good for a very harsh or really bright amp. The combination with V30 really fills out the sound nicely and works really well together believe it or not. I actually really like their midrange response, they bring out a lot of that midrange snarl in amps I've tried with them. I tried some G12T75 with the V30 thinking I would like it, but I didn't care for the 75's. I could hear some sensitivity difference too as far as volume in the X pattern. The Heats sound very good on their own, and they are very close in sensitivity to the V30.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
hey bro, yeah, right now I have an X pattern of Texas Heats and V30 in it. I think the Heats are great actually, they have a nice chunk, and a nice balanced midrange. I've noticed they do attenuate some highs, however this can be really good for a very harsh or really bright amp. The combination with V30 really fills out the sound nicely and works really well together believe it or not. I actually really like their midrange response, they bring out a lot of that midrange snarl in amps I've tried with them. I tried some G12T75 with the V30 thinking I would like it, but I didn't care for the 75's. I could hear some sensitivity difference too as far as volume in the X pattern. The Heats sound very good on their own, and they are very close in sensitivity to the V30.

Cool, I thought they were only good for vintage-type tones until I saw the Krank cab's specs.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Mesa cabs are really awesome and tight.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
recto cab. 5150/6505 cab. marshalls make ok cabs.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I'm telling you right now if you are willing to fork out the money for a Mesa Rectifier cab you won't be disappointed. I tried one out the other day with my 6505+ and it sounded nothing short of amazing. I can't wait til mine comes in.