Page 1 of 2
I recently figured out how to spin my guitar. I spun one of mine with duct tape to keep the strap on. I have an epiphone les paul i want to spin, and it has strap locks. The only problem is when i spin it, it turns. Its hard to explain, but it basicallly turns so that when you spin it, the guitar starts to face you. so the strings and pickups are facing me... how can i stop this without putting duct tape on my guitar?
I understand what you mean. I think you could try putting a strap button on the back of the neck near the base. That would help. Or spin it with more momentum.
i can try to spin with more momentum...it just sucks, cause if i duct tape my guitar i can't take the strap off,and it won't fit in the case.
or stop wasting your time and actually become better at guitar than trying to do circus tricks w/ it...
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
or you can go the hell away because, i don't really care what you think. Why don't you stop wasting your time being a jerk, and get a life.
Quote by albinokrikit
or stop wasting your time and actually become better at guitar than trying to do circus tricks w/ it...

Oooh someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today!!
crazy talking animals
if you didnt care what i think y did you ask?
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
I never asked you anything. I asked how i can i spin my guitar without it flipping around the wrong way. I never asked you if i should spin it or not. Learn to read bud.
Quote by albinokrikit
if you didnt care what i think y did you ask?

lol reread the OP, he never asked what anyone thought of his guitar spinning. He just asked for some tips...
crazy talking animals
he asked for tips on how to stop his guitar from turing around when spinning it...not spinning it is a way to keep it from doing so and thats the tip i gave him
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
I think Mr. "7 String King" here just got owned.
**EDIT**
Quote by albinokrikit
he asked for tips on how to stop his guitar from turing around when spinning it...not spinning it is a way to keep it from doing so and thats the tip i gave him

That still doesn't help the fact that it turns when he spins it.
Yeah okay dude. It wasn't a question on asking if i wanted to or not. Clearly i want to spin it. So there was no need for you to post in this thread. So if anybody wants to post something that will actually help, I'd appreciate it.
Quote by HighPotency
I think Mr. "7 String King" here just got owned.

and i think you need to learn how to read all the posts
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
Quote by Ubercheemu
Yeah okay dude. It wasn't a question on asking if i wanted to or not. Clearly i want to spin it. So there was no need for you to post in this thread.

you asked for a solution to your problem and i gave you one, i didnt say you would like the answer
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
Quote by HighPotency
That still doesn't help the fact that it turns when he spins it.

thats his problem not mine
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
okay. im sorry. next time i have this question. i'll be extra thorough when i post it. so that people with no common sense can understand.
Quote by Ubercheemu
thats not a solution. Cause clearly i want to spin my guitar.

well thats the best one i got...plus when the hell are you gonna actually use this? it doesnt help anything
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
its to put on a show. None of the bands we play with can do it. And i want to. Thats all that should matter to you. I'm not ever gonna be the BEST guitarist ever, why not have fun, and put on a good show while i play then? And if you have an answer like that, then there is no point to posting in here.
Quote by Ubercheemu
okay. im sorry. next time i have this question. i'll be extra thorough when i post it. so that people with no common sense can understand.

thanx...lol yeah i kinda did wake up on the wrong side of the bed...and had a ****ty day...
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
Quote by Ubercheemu
its to put on a show. None of the bands we play with can do it. And i want to. Thats all that should matter to you. I'm not ever gonna be the BEST guitarist ever, why not have fun, and put on a good show while i play then? And if you have an answer like that, then there is no point to posting in here.

you gave the general public a question and i answered w/ something relevant therefore there is a point in posting plus if im the biggest a-hole youve met on here consider yourself lucky
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
I never said anything about you being the biggest a-hole on here dude. But since you didn't really answer my question with common sense, its not relevant. If someone asks tips on spinning their guitar. You will give them tips, not tell them to stop, and practice on playing guitar more. Thats pointless, and will just piss them off. Whatever, i'm not gonna argue anymore. this is dumb.
lol i know but i was a lil a-hole-ish...i blame society...lol its not a "no common sense" thing it was just me being pissed off n venting on you srry
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
meh, its cool i guess. I'm used to it. I'm an emo kid, in a emo/screamo band, who plays a les paul. so whatev.

Anyway, peoples respond to my question and help me.
Quote by albinokrikit
thanx...lol yeah i kinda did wake up on the wrong side of the bed...and had a ****ty day...

Then get the **** out and stop being a douche. Does it make your day little brighter to troll these forums and start a little bitch fit?

Anyway TS, you could try buying some after market aluminum strap locks like the proline ones on musiciansfriend. If you can bend both the knob and the coupler in something like a vise, to make the fit square instead of round, it might solve your spinning problem. If you bend it too much it will probably destroy the mechanism though.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Yeah, i don't know about bending it and stuff...that might be harder...i wanna know how Saosin, and like Alesana do it.
Quote by CHIEF-CHEESE
Then get the **** out and stop being a douche. Does it make your day little brighter to troll these forums and start a little bitch fit?

dude you should learn to read all the posts before you post **** i had already apologized and then you come along and start being an ass to me when it was already ****ing over...it was ****ing over! then you gotta start more ****?
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
Okay yeah dudes just chill...we had a fight, and its done with. no need to start more stuff
All of you guys need to stop arguing, there's no need for this here.

And to answer your question, are you sure you're using enough force to push it? I used to have the same problem, I realized I wasn't pushing it hard enough and it would do the same thing.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Well i'm not sure how much force i need to use exactly...I just chuck the thing lol. I will try throwing it harder next time though.
and for as of the spinning thing i wouldnt do this but maybe like drill another hole along the curve near the front strap lock an put in another? so its held on in 2 places in a line and maybe one on the tail too
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
I could try that, i'd just probably find a way to screw up my whole guitar is the thing.
Last edited by Ubercheemu at Aug 22, 2008,
that is of course a last resort lol
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
yeah...i hope i find a better way. lol

Also, i know you're supposed to use a wireless...but i've seen people do this with cords without getting tangled...how the hell do you do that?
it seems too simple to work seeing as i havent tryed it but maybe just keep the cable infront of you n swing it hard as ****? cuz if you do it w/ it behind you itll definitely strangle you
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
Quote by Ubercheemu
yeah...i hope i find a better way. lol

Also, i know you're supposed to use a wireless...but i've seen people do this with cords without getting tangled...how the hell do you do that?

It's easy with a cord, I've done it plenty of times at shows with a cable. You just have to watch where the cord would go, so if you're gonna spin it, do it slow motion with the cord on, and see in which direction it goes, then just put it opposite of that.

So if you're spinning it forward, put the cable so it kinda wraps around if front of you to your left.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
lol....that would be funny. Throw it on stage and get strangled....i have to figure out where to place it
lol man i just know someone here is gonna try that now...if they died would it be wrong if i laughed? lol
Quote by aig91

Quote by neptune1988
...maybe...but in all seriousness, i wanna figure out how to do that with a cord, cause i don't have a wireless =[
Page 1 of 2