Okay guys, I just thought I'd let you in on a little adventure I had today. Okay, so me and my family are going to drive to my Uncle's lake house in Pennsylvania, simple enough?

Little did I know that I'd experience a little place, none like any other I've come to know, I'm not sure what it's called or if it has a name, but somewhere in Pennsylvania there is a dark side, no, not the Amish...

So we're driving through these heavily wooded areas and the houses become farther apart, and signs of technological advancement begin to decay. We happen to see a gas station, all prices are 0.00. Wonderful. So eventually we come to this town where there are no more than 10 buildings, most of which are stores, and these storetitles of course have the classic western-ish fonts to them, just to add to the fact that the newest items haven't seen the light of day in at least three decades. So we're filling up for gas in this town, and we look around and the otherwise deserted place begins to slowly, but surely fill up with people. Rising out of shadows, slipping around corners, sliding out of stores. Needless to say we got the **** outta there.

Next thing we know we are in another town which happens to be having a hot dog/cherry pie combo sale for 1.49, in the same store there was a jack'o'lantern display, seemed to me more like the last people who went in for the combo. Then we pass this large, large cement truck who has been holding up traffic in this small town for almost 15 minutes. Harmless enough, then we see a trolley driving...no lines, no cables, just a trolley with wheels. And I can tell this town was desperate for work when one of the construction workers around the truck was a woman...sorry ladies, I'm not in the mood. Anyway we're driving, and then over 15 minutes later, said cement truck speeds around us almost hitting us and going way off into the horizon.

At the end of the town there is a ratchety, weathered, old blue sign with the word "Chiropractor" pointing up an ol' dirt trail leading straight farther into the woods, so naturally we go on our way and a hundred yards or so down an arrow the opposite way saying "berry picking trail" and another sign about 50 yards or so down saying "Basketball camp" and then a little while after that, the cement trucks comes down the opposite side of the road twice as fast last time and again almost hits us the opposite way.

Am I gonna die?
Quote by Agent Paul Smecker
They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a f***ing ambush.
This was a f***ing bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon!
There was a firefight!
Hey, welcome to Pennsylvania.

You'll be just fine. I think.
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
To be honest, I would love for you guys to let me know...

I was travelling from New York to an area around the Poconos, like near Lake Harmony and stuff.

I back home now...but I think some people from that town got my license plate number...guys I saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Wrong Turn...I just want to be able to sleep at night...on the plus side! I found some cool newts and lizards :]
They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a f***ing ambush.
This was a f***ing bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon!
There was a firefight!
of course every one dies duh!
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
america is full of tiny one horse towns like this where everyone knows everyone else but when they see an outsider they tend to get a little suspicious. I wouldnt worry about it.
08' Fender MiA Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Quote by HighPotency

*loss for words*

What have I done to deserve such a fate *thinks back on life*

Oh...
There was a firefight!
your gonna die.... but nobody will ever make a movie about it O_o
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
PACORE!!!

I'm in State College, come to me for protection...and sex
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by Raiderkid38
your gonna die.... but nobody will ever make a movie about it O_o

****! Thats all I ever want before I die :/ and maybe to be played by like someone who resembles me kinda, ya know like Will Smith or Jesus Christ. Oh well...
There was a firefight!

sometimes i really do love Pennsylvania.

of course Lancaster isnt really anything like that. but there are plenty of old backwoods places like that. especially once you go north, or when you go towards the middle of the state.
Quote by daytripper75

of course Lancaster isnt really anything like that. but there are plenty of old backwoods places like that. especially once you go north, or when you go towards the middle of the state.

True dat, but not exactly true dat...true half of dat.

I would not put ANYTHING, I MEAN ANYTHING past the Amish, people go "oh how modest, they don't need power" but honestly where's that power going to?! Nuclear warheads?! Giant robots?! Mind control?! An all-Amish all the time radio station?! Not in my country buddy! And also what's this photograph soul-stealing crap, of course they don't wanna be photographed, they're ****ing evil geniuses!
There was a firefight!
Quote by daytripper75

Lancaster is like the Amish holy land xD

edit:
>.>
<.<
The Amish are putting anthrax in our butter
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by rocker138
True dat, but not exactly true dat...true half of dat.

I would not put ANYTHING, I MEAN ANYTHING past the Amish, people go "oh how modest, they don't need power" but honestly where's that power going to?! Nuclear warheads?! Giant robots?! Mind control?! An all-Amish all the time radio station?! Not in my country buddy! And also what's this photograph soul-stealing crap, of course they don't wanna be photographed, they're ****ing evil geniuses!

trust me, the amish are not evil geniuses.

Quote by Spay

edit:
>.>
<.<

honestly, people seem to think Lancaster is full of amish, but i hardly see them. it really depends on what part of the county you go to. im in the northwestern part of the county, and i dont see amish around here very often. of course ive seen plenty, but its not like i see them on a daily basis.
Last edited by daytripper75 at Aug 22, 2008,
Quote by Spay

edit:
>.>
<.<

Now you're thinking like the Anti-Amish Alliance...yes the new Triple A...
There was a firefight!
You're in what's known as Pennsyltuckey... It's Pennsylvania, but with a little Kentucky thrown in there. Chances are nothing bad will happen, but if you happen to go into any wooded areas alone... be careful... you could get raped.
This thread fails, god I hate stereotypes about small towns and rural America. We are honest, hardworking, traditional people. We are not inbred backwards hillbillies who **** our cousins while swigging moonshine and screaming freebird and are going to lynch the first outsider we see. TS you are one of the most ignorant idiots I have seen, you act like you are in a damn zoo.
Quote by Fender_M1A
This thread fails, god I hate stereotypes about small towns and rural America. We are honest, hardworking, traditional people. We are not inbred backwards hillbillies who **** our cousins while swigging moonshine and screaming freebird and are going to lynch the first outsider we see. TS you are one of the most ignorant idiots I have seen, you act like you are in a damn zoo.

When did he say anything about any of that? I would accuse you of having your monthly downstairs bleed but there aren't women on the internet apparently. If i saw people in a small town that seemed deserted slinking around in the shadows i'd get nervous too.
Quote by Fender_M1A

Dude...

I'm sorry lol...I didn't mean to start screaming stereotypes, did I ever say the words hillbilly, incest, moonshine, or ANYTHING such...I love small towns and all that, I just started a thread to discuss a weird series of events that happened to me, if you don't like it, I'm sorry, I do fail maybe. But geez, I wasn't running around laughing at people and pointing, rural america is what built america, and sometimes is pretty much the only thing that actually keeps the true meaning of it. I apologize if I offended you in any manner, way, shape, or form, but I really think I was innocent here.

Oh and thanks HighPotency for defending me :]
There was a firefight!