My work schedule gets posted online, where it links to the clock in system, so the computer knows who's supposed to work when. But the managers have fired a couple people since the schedule was posted and have completely ****ed it up, and are now trying to get various people to cover the shifts of those who were fired.

I was asked on 2 separate occasions to cover Saturday's shift, one of the 2 days I've got off in over a week. I told them both times I couldn't, as I had plans with my girlfriend. Instead, they assign the shift to me anyhow.

So online, I hit the "schedule release" button and gave this reason:

"I don't appreciate that you think you can schedule me at the last second on a day I've had off since the schedule was originally posted a month ago. I will not be coming in on this day, and if you're going to penalize me for it as if it were "my responsibility", I hope you enjoy your search for another employee to replace me.

-Holden"

Do you guys think what I did was right?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Is your last name... Caulfield?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Is your last name... Caulfield?

lol I get asked that a lot actually.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Definitely, don't let them control you man, I mean they're paying you for doing your job, which I'm assuming you are. You don't have to be an utter slave.

And if that doesn't work, go postal :]

you know, the whole works
Quote by Agent Paul Smecker
They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a f***ing ambush.
This was a f***ing bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon!
There was a firefight!
you did the right thing. possibly not a smart thing. but the right thing yes
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
all musicians shouldnt be in **** jobs. worst comes to worst teach music or gig you dont need that ****. you have years of training in your art.
dude just buy an M16 and go into your work on saturday and say "IM HERE BOSS!!!"
....no, dont actually do that.
that would be bad.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
I don't see anything wrong with that.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
I don't think you did the right thing. It is your responsibility to show up on that day. If this becomes a habit of your bosses to treat you in this manner, then that is a different story. If this is all there is to it you need to suck it up and deal with it. Not every job is perfect. Sometimes you have to work when you don't want to and that's life.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
Quote by Hyneken
whats your job?

I work in a restaurant as busser, and occasionally host as well.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
dude just buy an M16 and go into your work on saturday and say "IM HERE BOSS!!!"
....no, dont actually do that.
that would be bad.

until I read the second part...I thought I had a new friend...now...now I'm just confused and lonely...
They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men with guns drawn. It was a f***ing ambush.
This was a f***ing bomb dropping on Beaver Cleaverville. For a few seconds, this place was Armageddon!
There was a firefight!
Quote by Raiderkid38
you did the right thing. possibly not a smart thing. but the right thing yes

agreed
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by aliceinnirvana
I don't think you did the right thing. It is your responsibility to show up on that day. If this becomes a habit of your bosses to treat you in this manner, then that is a different story. If this is all there is to it you need to suck it up and deal with it. Not every job is perfect. Sometimes you have to work when you don't want to and that's life.

No, they actually do this **** to me quite often. I've contemplated quitting many a time, but never did because I make pretty good money for my age, and get an amazing employee discount as well.

I feel as though they went over the line this time though. They've called me plenty a time in the middle of the day asking me to come in and finish off the night's shift because someone bailed. Whatever. I've done them plenty of favors. But for them to do this especially after me telling them I couldn't is just not right.

It's not like they scheduled me on a day I had requested off. They scheduled me 2 days before a shift that I'm not supposed to have to begin with. THAT pisses me off.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch

You know what you have to do.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Last edited by TooFast at Aug 22, 2008,
Quote by TehNez
No, they actually do this **** to me quite often. I've contemplated quitting many a time, but never did because I make pretty good money for my age, and get an amazing employee discount as well.

I feel as though they went over the line this time though. They've called me plenty a time in the middle of the day asking me to come in and finish off the night's shift because someone bailed. Whatever. I've done them plenty of favors. But for them to do this especially after me telling them I couldn't is just not right.

It's not like they scheduled me on a day I had requested off. They scheduled me 2 days before a shift that I'm not supposed to have to begin with. THAT pisses me off.

Alright, now that I understand the situation more fully I can agree with your actions. I'm glad you handled it in a relatively mature way. Props to you and good luck finding a new job.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
I appreciate all your guys support on the matter. I really needed some reassurance to know what I did was right, because I don't wish to sink to their level and say/do something completely out of line.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Way to stick it to the man
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by TehNez
I appreciate all your guys support on the matter. I really needed some reassurance to know what I did was right, because I don't wish to sink to their level and say/do something completely out of line.

No prob man, I mean of course the going postal stuff is just goofing off, but honestly, everyone needs to work and everyone needs to lay down for the rules sometimes, BUT you're still human, and you still have a life which comes before some temporary job (you won't be here for life, at least I assume so) Everyone person deserves respect, whether it's profitable or not
There was a firefight!
Well I have work tomorrow (A shift I'm actually supposed to have) so we'll see what they have to say to me. I'll get back to you guys cause I know your all curious now
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
Well I have work tomorrow (A shift I'm actually supposed to have) so we'll see what they have to say to me. I'll get back to you guys cause I know your all curious now

K, koo
There was a firefight!
Well the manager never said a word to me about it, but apparently another one of the bussers wanted to work the shift anyway, so he'll be coming in tomorrow for "my" shift.

Guess I'm keeping the job. No fun, I know.

On the bright side, I found a pair of Oakleys a week ago that no one ever claimed, so I got to take em home
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
Well the manager never said a word to me about it, but apparently another one of the bussers wanted to work the shift anyway, so he'll be coming in tomorrow for "my" shift.

Guess I'm keeping the job. No fun, I know.

On the bright side, I found a pair of Oakleys a week ago that no one ever claimed, so I got to take em home

When I was a bagger pushing carts I found a cart with three packs of cigarettes in it, marlboros too. I gave it to front end and I bet no one claimed it and they smoked it all themselves!
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
If you're gonna quit and knock everything over, please request that Date Rape by Sublime is played while you're doing it.
Stop bitching at least you have a job. Its been hell trying to find a job around where I live. I would give my left leg to be working overtime, or at least working at all.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Yeah man, I gotta say I agree with you on this one. Work is work, it sucks but you've gotta do it and we all know that....however, once they start treating you really unfairly, then it's time to act, and you did just that, so well done.
Quote by HostileFTW
If you're gonna quit and knock everything over, please request that Date Rape by Sublime is played while you're doing it.

I was thinking Reign in Blood, but I'll add that to my list.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
They may say it's a little "bitchy" but I don't see too much wrong with it. The last part may have been changed or stated differently, but it's good. Don't worry.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter