i'm looking for some sort of effect that will give a type of powerful orchestra feeling, the best i can describe the sound is on the deftones song hexagram during the verse there's like a crazy orchestral feeling and i was wondering if any one out there knows if such a thing exists.

thanks
possibly try a chorus effect, or maybe an octaver.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I don't know the song, but a slow-gear pedal can give you a violin sound, if that helps at all.
chorus is to watery, and octave pedals are kinda close but it gives more of a organ sound, i'm looking for like a dry but heavy pedal that would emulate the sounds of like well on orchestra
The Electroharmonix POG
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
You need a synth pedal, some slight delay, and do some volume swelling.

I'm pretty sure that'll work out.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I know what your saying, i want to be able to play just my normal guitar playing without having to do volume swells, thats what i'm doing right now but i want to be able to have that layered under my normal playing.
Quote by celladoor
I know what your saying, i want to be able to play just my normal guitar playing without having to do volume swells, thats what i'm doing right now but i want to be able to have that layered under my normal playing.

Well... that's not happening unless you divide your signal and have one unaffected and the other wet with whatever effects you're using. Most multieffects processors allow for the swells to be programmed through timing or attack strength so that you don't have to do them yourself in case you don't want to do it yourself.

i'm guessing the only way to get what i'm looking for is what you all said but run it to another amp and have that playing while i'm playing with my first amp.

thanks for the input
Quote by celladoor
i'm guessing the only way to get what i'm looking for is what you all said but run it to another amp and have that playing while i'm playing with my first amp.

thanks for the input

No, you can always just separate your signal into two so that one goes wet with the effects and the other normal... Of course, that would only work if you have two inputs on your amp though.

I think what you need is to realize how layered a Deftones track is. That's not one guitar. You would go crazy like Kevin Sheilds trying to figure out how to get such the sick sounds from the recording live.