My price range is anywhere up to $700.
I'd prefer EMG 81/85 but anything similar is fine as well.
I'd like a good tremolo bridge.
And if there are grover tuners on it that'd be great too.

I'd like all of those to be stock, cuz i just don't have enough money to get stuff put in and i really don't know how to do any of this by myself. So far I have the Dean ML Knight, and Epiphone Futura Prophecy FX. And I'd prefer if it wasn't "Strat" shaped.

I'm kinda new so I don't know much. Any help is appreciated.
dude the Futura FX IS an intermediate guitar, and a sweet one at that.

try the Hellraiser V?
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
sorry by "have" i meant have on the list of guitars that i could get. and about the V, I'm not a big fan of V's I like to sit down and play to practice.
Okay. Here's the list of guitars that I would consider buying.

Epiphone Futara Prophecy FX
Dean ML Knight

Now, if anybody could help add onto this list, that'd be great.
I've heard lots of bad stuff about the Edge III bridge. And are the pickups comparable?
o yea, forgot about that...um, idk

btw i just was looking in your profile and saw you had an epiphone studio 10s, i wouldn't want to run emg's into that thing...
getting a new amp after i get this guitar. Besides my friends have a bunch of amps that i can borrow also. So basically, what im saying is, don't worry about the amp.
maybe an esp/ltd f series there pretty good there knd of strat shaped but look cool and are comfortable
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
they do look cool and i was considering them earlier in the week, but i decided against it because half of the reviews i read said that their fr went out of tune if u used it too much. And by strat shaped i mean Jackson Dinky or Ibanez RG(Insert random number-letter combination here).
yeah the Epi prophecy. its sexy, AND plays awesome
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
How thin is the neck on that thing? The futura prophecy. It looks killer.

Ibanez thin? Les paul thin?
Quote by Horlicks
It can't just be me who thinks the Futura is fugly?

who the fuck are you to talk about ugly?!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

who the fuck are you to talk about ugly?!

I consider myself an expert on the subject
Quote by Horlicks
I consider myself an expert on the subject

yes but you cant dish out the uggo insults

thats like eric johnson calling someone a tone snob
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Do yourself a HUGE favor and check out the Jackson DKMG's.
IMO Best playing guitars in your price range.
Quote by SenatorAlfie
the jackson looks good, but the dean looks better and has the same "stuff"

I'm not too crazy about the Dean shape. I do like the head-stock tho - and it has good tuners.
The neck on the Jackson is better. It's bound with nicer inlays. I don't think there is a binding on the Dean. The Jackson version of the FR is second to none.

Can you try them before you buy?
Last edited by 667 at Aug 22, 2008,
Actually, yes. I know that guitar center has the dkmg, and i'll ask if they can order the dean. Thanks guys.
so i guess i'll expand the list to inclusde the dkmg. Any others?

Futura FX
ML Knight
DKMG
oh my god that is the nicest looking v i have ever seen. It's 100 cheaper and it has what i want. Does it come with the "whammy bar" so that i don't have to buy it seperately? And by tremolo i mean floyd rose.
Quote by alexlemon2
By tremolo do you mean Floyd rose or a standard tremolo?

http://www.rondomusic.com/reapercusblack.html would be worth a look. Quite cheap considering the specs

EDIT: sorry didn't realise you didn't like V's

Good looking guitar.
V's are tough to play sitting down.
lol im a skinny guy and the weight would probably kill me. I think I'll get the V and buy a hardshell case. Damn that looks awesome.
Quote by SenatorAlfie
lol im a skinny guy and the weight would probably kill me. I think I'll get the V and buy a hardshell case. Damn that looks awesome.

Yeah i'd recommend a case to ship it in, they can be damaged in shipping quite easily.

Back to another topic: the guitar does come with the actual whammy 'bar'

Agiles are very underrated in my opinion, their guitars are so cheap because they don't pay for advertising or any of the middle man stuff. My Agile PS-4000 would definitely hold it's own. It plays really really nice
Quote by SenatorAlfie
Agile it is.

Good choice, you won't be disappointed. When you get it you have to go to the Agile forum and post loads of pics
^
IMO B.C Rich's have bad tone , I know some people who love theirs to death , but i tried a few at some shops and they all sounded bad. So basically what im saying you should try out the guitar before you buy it .
Quote by Sguit
there is two main steps:

1. use google
2. repeat the first step
Quote by Horlicks
It can't just be me who thinks the Futura is fugly?

I personally think the Futura EX is pretty sweet because of the red-cherry paintjob, but yeah, the Futura FX is pretty hideous. I wish it came in some other colors than that Grey. If they offered it in that red-cherry paintjob I'd love it hahaha.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.