and im looking everywhere for a bass player, maybe another guitarist, and maybe a vocalist, for all you people that went to high school already, what is the good chance im going to meet somebody who does one of those positions
and plus im taking guitar this year, will that give me a better chance
it might give u a better chance. it will ,definetely give u a beter chance at hot girls if they no u play guitar
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
There's a pretty big chance you'll find another guitarist and a vocalist, bassists are hard to find though.
You'll find people if you're in music classes.

Also, make sure that you are definate with what you want with band members. Don't just say, okay, you're our singer if that person isn't what you're looking for. Trust me, I know - I'm stuck with a mediocre singer until next year.
Quote by Aussieloco
bassists are hard to find though.

for some reason
gets me thinking
well personally i go to school with almost 65% of the population being african american, like 5 mexican, and the rest white.... SO! if you went yo my school, your chace is next to nothing.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
From my highschool experience, you will definitely find people who could fill those spots. However, just because they aren't in a band, doesn't mean they will join yours. If they're decent people, they won't mind that it's your first year of HS, but most teens are asses, and will probably not want to join your band for that reason alone.

Good luck anyways, make some friends. I hope you find some members!
Though if you're considering someone tell them to meet you at your house or somewhere to audition if they show up an hour late or not at all cut em loose. Because it sucks to have a band full of flakes.
Quote by Aussieloco
Though if you're considering someone tell them to meet you at your house or somewhere to audition if they show up an hour late or not at all cut em loose. Because it sucks to have a band full of flakes.

i know what you mean
In my school it goes from least to greatest
Keyboard
Bass
Guitar
Vocals
Drums

So there are almost NO Keyboardists and TOO MANY Drummers
grrrrrrrrrrrrr i envy schools that offer guitar as a corse, I HAVE TO PAY FOR LESSONS.. eventually.. bull****
Guitarists are easy, bass and vocals will be a bit tougher but you should be able to find someone. If not, pick up the slack and learn to sing/play bass/both yourself if you really want a band.
Quote by murshell
grrrrrrrrrrrrr i envy schools that offer guitar as a corse, I HAVE TO PAY FOR LESSONS.. eventually.. bull****

thanks for the help
im sure you will meet people that do those things.

getting them to be in a band with you is a whole different story though.

you might have trouble finding people that want to do the same types of music you do.
drums are the hardest to find imo..

chances are all the bassists are going to play bass like it's a guitar.

and the drummers aren't gonna know what a click track is.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Quote by stevenpollock

chances are all the bassists are going to play bass like it's a guitar.

i envy that
ill only let it pass if your insane at bass
Quote by mercedesisbenz
look in a music classroom and start yelling for musicians.

best idea ever
You're taking guitar in high school? Like as a class?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
It depends on where you're from and how many people go to your school. I just graduated from a high school of about 800-850 people in a city where country music is huge. Bassists and vocals were the hardest to find for me, not necessarily because of a lack of musicians, but because no one wanted to/had the balls to sing for a rock band. Except my buddy Vaughn, who is terrible.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Quote by jthm_guitarist
You're taking guitar in high school? Like as a class?

yeah
to ace it like nothing