No idea what to get. I want a nice guitar that's easy to play but has good sound. I was thinking about Les Paul type shapes, but I don't know. Price is also a factor obviously, so nothing too much I guess.

Halp!
Guitar: ESP MH-100Q
Amp: Line 6 Spider 3 75W
select a price range, tell us wat u play, and wat u like. then come back to us.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Get a squier strat. They are dirt cheap, and if you find a good one, you will be very pleased. You have to play a lot of them though, not all squiers are created equal. Most are junk.
the cheapest alternative to epi is rondo.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
hes ALREADY got an esp! why the HELL would he want a squier?!?!?!?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Epiphone les Paul customs are all junk. It will actually make you a worse player. They are muddy as all-get-out, and it hides your mistakes. They are also very overpriced.
Quote by tlt31
Get a squier strat. They are dirt cheap, and if you find a good one, you will be very pleased. You have to play a lot of them though, not all squiers are created equal. Most are junk.

Times like these i wish the pear wasnt banned
Quote by tlt31
Epiphone les Paul customs are all junk. It will actually make you a worse player. They are muddy as all-get-out, and it hides your mistakes. They are also very overpriced.

Epiphone les pauls are definitely not all junk, they are pretty nice guitars and are a tad overpriced. The key to epiphones, and really any guitar, is to distinguish the good ones from the bad.
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
You can play rhythm with an Epiphone Les Paul. That's about it. They sound like muck, and they do not cut through other sound (i.e. drums, bass, another guitar).
Personally, I have an Epi Les Paul and it sounds great. I play mostly classic rock (Zeppelin, Floyd, AC/DC), along with some newer stuff (Metallica, Pantera, RHCP, none of them really qualify as *new* but compared to the first bands I listed...), and I've never had a problem being heard with my band or at local jam sessions, my only complaint is that it feels like you have a boat anchor around you neck.

As for the Squier Strat, I bought one and it was absolutely horrible. I'm sure there's some good ones out there, but I will never buy a Squier again after the experience I had with it.

I guess what I would recommend is just to go to your local Guitar Center/rock shop and just try out every guitar you can until you find one that you like. When you play it, you're know.
I read somewhere that 77% of the mentally ill live in poverty. I'm more interested in the 23% who are apparently doing quite well for themselves.
Quote by tlt31
You can play rhythm with an Epiphone Les Paul. That's about it. They sound like muck, and they do not cut through other sound (i.e. drums, bass, another guitar).

Wrong. If you think this is true you must have been using a complete POS amp.
TS seeing as you have a Spider, id say get a new amp. You already have a decent guitar and the Spider isnt really that good of an amp. A new amp will make a much bigger difference to your sound. Heck, i play a crappy strat copy guitar through a Peavey Classic 30 and it sounds great.
Last edited by littlephil at Aug 22, 2008,
Quote by littlephil
Wrong. If you think this is true you must have been using a complete POS amp.
TS seeing as you have a Spider, id say get a new amp. You already have a decent guitar and the Spider isnt really that good of an amp. A new amp will make a much bigger difference to your sound. Heck, i play a crappy strat copy guitar through a Peavey Classic 30 and it sounds great.
Agree 100%. Once you get a good amp TS, you can focus on getting a better playing and sounding guitar.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by tlt31

what amp did you use it with? have you ever actually gigged with an epi les paul? because i've seen hundreds of people do really well with them. i'm questioning the quality of your amp, your ability to tweak the settings, and whether or not you're actually speaking from experience on this subject, because "you can only play rhythm with an epiphone les paul" is one of the most stupid things i have ever heard anyone say about guitars.

I agree with the new amp suggestion - I think the spider is the weak link in your rig. If you're not happy with your tone, its usually the amp thats the problem.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
No I have not gigged with it because after jamming on several occasions with one, I took it back. I was playing through an Ampeg J-12T.
What kind of music do you want to play? Why get another HH guitar when you own one? What is your budget? Until we know this stuff, posting replies outside of "maybe a new amp" is kind of pointless because we have such limited information.
I play a range, pop punk deathcore, hardcore, some metal. and I don't want to go over $500 but I can lean a little more if it's really good.
Guitar: ESP MH-100Q
Amp: Line 6 Spider 3 75W
Quote by Cryptorchild
Times like these i wish the pear wasnt banned

why are you talking about pears? this is about a new guitar. stop being so off topic.

epiphone les pauls are great. but no two are created equal. try many, but one. or two. if it's in the budget, three.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Best advice, go to a store to look around, feel and test as many as you can to get a sense of direction (neck, shape, wood, etc.). Pick a store you are comfortable with, ask a lot and let them help you. Take your time. After you have done that and checked the internet for more options, narrow it down and come back here.