i got a new spector and the truss rod is way off, it has a backwards curve, but as i said last time, i dont have the money to take to a shop. is it safe to adjust the truss myself?
and i read that i should only do 1/4 turn a day.
Thats not good, truss rods are made to correct relief in the opposite direction.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
got a new spector and the truss rod is way off, it has a backwards curve, but as i said last time, i dont have the money to take to a shop. is it safe to adjust the truss myself?

Most shops will charge under $50 for a set up - maybe cheaper for just the truss. If you screw up the neck doing it yourself, you need to replace the neck. I don't recommend messing with it if you don't know what you're doing.
Quote by ccmetz2020
Tighten that truss rod up! It has too much relief!

Do not listen to this guy, he has no idea what he's talking about. It sounds like the truss rod on your bass has to much tension. Which means you need to loosen the truss rod giving it more relief. Loosening the truss rod is easy enough and you should be able to do it yourself. Just take your time and itll be all right. Wait a few hours between adjustments though.