Poll: What should the drinking age be?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should the drinking age be?
678 79%
183 21%
Voters: 862.
Page 1 of 8
Ive been hearing about this alot, Just vote I guess. Id like to here what yall think...

Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club.
Last edited by orion91 at Aug 22, 2008,
Quote by Dionietzsche
Hard to vote without a poll...

+1

but i dont drink so i dont really care.

but then again I am only sixteen....

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by Dionietzsche
Hard to vote without a poll...

Um? there is a poll....?

lol. im the only person who voted so far

EDIT: nevermind...
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
Why would we vote when the question is already clearly decided in the title?
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Well idk bout u guys but there looks like a poll at the top of the page to me...

18. If you are old enough to die for your country you are old enough to enjoy a beer (or 20)
If you can be legally drafted to die for your country at 18, then I am baffled why you wouldn't be allowed to drink...something every real soldier needs after a day of Headshots and Pwnage.
Quote by Jimmyyoung
Why would we vote when the question is already clearly decided in the title?

How does that show that its clearly decided?? Thats just a topic that ive heard floating around. I was just wondering what everyones opinion was.

Quote by Fender_M1A
18. If you are old enough to die for your country you are old enough to enjoy a beer (or 20)

****in right.
how about 19?
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
Yay for Eighteen. But alas, has anyone been watching TV lately?

R.I.P
Kokanee Ranger
hmmm if im voting for myself, for my own pleasure, id say 18. but in all seriousness, its best at age 21 because thats when your brain stops developing.

but really who the **** cares, doesnt stop me.
Quote by an epic mistake
+1

but i dont drink so i dont really care.

but then again I am only sixteen....
Even if you dont drink you should probably still care. Lowering the drinking age would pretty much affect everyone in some way.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
There really shouldn't be a drinking age. It's up to the parents what he allows his/her kids to do. Anything above 18 is simply retarded.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
old enough to vote old enough to drink.

removing it all together would be even better. look at europe and latin america. because it is not against the law, and therefore bad ass, it's not that cool, and abuse is not as prevalent, rather casual drinking being more the norm.
Quote by alexjulia
hmmm if im voting for myself, for my own pleasure, id say 18. but in all seriousness, its best at age 21 because thats when your brain stops developing.

You're brain stops developing at 25.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
so many reasons why 18 is a bad idea. most dangerous drivers are when they're 18, being drunk would just make it so much worse. also if it were 18 then people would bitch until it became 17, then 16. eventually you'll have r-tards wanting 13 yo's to have the right to drink. anyways most people can find access to alcohol if they are that inclined to drink regardless of their age.
Drinking is 18 in most places, including here...

But if the states lowered it, I wouldn't suddenly have to become sober when I go on trips to the U.S.

Go for it.
Quote by HighPotency
I fail to see the logic behind comparing drinking age to war. Two totally separate things. Plus at 18, your brain hasn't fully developed still.

If your Frontal Lobe (the decision making part of your brain) isn't developed enough so that you can drink then I fail to see the logic that it is developed enough for you to be able to make the decision to go to war.
I don't care if they lower the age as long as they do it after Febuary!
I've spent 20 years and 10 months on this planet and if before my 21st birthday, I can legally get **** faced in a strip club with my friends, I'm going to beat the **** out of everyone in there!
The extra four months is just to punish the people who were born four months after me so they can feel my pain.
I don't even drink really but it'd be nice to legally get **** faced with my friends legally for the first time on MY birthday.
Quote by KFKing
There really shouldn't be a drinking age. It's up to the parents what he allows his/her kids to do. Anything above 18 is simply retarded.

Here in texas your allowed to drink with your legal guardians, aslong as your within 3 feet of them. Even at a bar, but the place selling it has the legal right to deny service.

Quote by HighPotency
I fail to see the logic behind comparing drinking age to war. Two totally separate things. Plus at 18, your brain hasn't fully developed still.

if you're brain isn't fully developed at 18, then as a soldier wouldn't an 18-year-old have a little bit harder time functioning than a 21-year-old soldier?

if you want to have that argument than i say increase the draft age to 21 as well. but they'll never do that because at 18, you're "good enough", so if you're "good enough" to serve and maybe die for your country (something that effects a lot more people than alcohol) than why can't you be "good enough" to drink?
Lowering to 18 would be bad in the states simply because we already have tons of kids (under 21's) abusing alcohol that lowering it would cause it to spiral even more so out of control. Don't compare the U.S. to the European countries or other places, because those places don't have the impossibly retarded kids we have here and they know moderation whereas we have clearly never heard of such a thing, just take a look at how we ingest fast food.

For arguments sake, I'm 18 been drunk a few times but don't make it a habit.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
i voted 21 because, i believe people need to be responsible while drinking, and most of the 18/19 year olds I know are just about as mature as a 14 year old. I don't want them to have free access to alcohol, even though they will get it neways
You are now blinking manually
Quote by alexjulia

Technically your brain never stops developing. Alcohol can stunt your growth if you drink too much at an early age, but what amount and what age differs from person to person. I'd say if you start past 14 years and don't do it too often you're probably fine, but I'm drunk, don't listen to me
Quote by arcticradiohead
if you're brain isn't fully developed at 18, then as a soldier wouldn't an 18-year-old have a little bit harder time functioning than a 21-year-old soldier?

if you want to have that argument than i say increase the draft age to 21 as well. but they'll never do that because at 18, you're "good enough", so if you're "good enough" to serve and maybe die for your country (something that effects a lot more people than alcohol) than why can't you be "good enough" to drink?

i stated it earlier!

you CAN drink at 18 if you're in the army so if there is a draft, you CAN drink it lowers the age. of course its only on the military base though.
Quote by Sirlancelot42
Lowering to 18 would be bad in the states simply because we already have tons of kids (under 21's) abusing alcohol that lowering it would cause it to spiral even more so out of control. Don't compare the U.S. to the European countries or other places, because those places don't have the impossibly retarded kids we have here and they know moderation whereas we have clearly never heard of such a thing, just take a look at how we ingest fast food.

Let's just make the ADULT wait until he's 21 to drink out of control and get bored of it in a year instead of being bored by 19.

Just as some people have never heard of moderation it appears some people have never heard of responsibility for their own actions.
Quote by Sirlancelot42

But if kids were allowed to drink earlier then they would develop some since of knowledge, and moderation. Im 17 my parents let me drink, and I know how much is to much, but there was a point were I didnt, and Ive learn from my mistakes. The only reason were impossibly retarded is because they try to keep it from us, and shelter us from it. Therefore theres a 1000 idiots who turn 21 and get wasted and hurt/kill themeselves.

your age doesn't determine your maturity so i think it is completely irrelevant. i am a much more responsible drinker than many people 22+. seriously, i think it is something that would be much better determined specific to the person. but also, if you look at it the other way, i shouldn't be allowed to vote as i am not nearly current with "the issues", however, i am, and i'm sure there are some kids younger than me that aren't, but are much more on the ball and could make a much better, informed decision. its tricksy.