Poll: Whats your favorite high gain amp manufacturer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Whats your favorite high gain amp manufacturer?
Diezel
5 17%
ENGL
6 21%
Framus
1 3%
Krank
0 0%
Mako
0 0%
Mesa/Boogie
8 28%
Orange
1 3%
Peavey
7 24%
Splawn
1 3%
VHT
0 0%
Voters: 29.
UG is getting a little stagnant, so I thought I'd try to spice things up a bit. Whats your favorite high gain amp manufacturer? Not a VS thread, just tryin to get a feel the general likes of UG nowadays.

Say what company, what model you like best and why.

I voted Framus, because the Cobra has my favorite recorded tone. Wouldn't use one live, though.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Last edited by rwalby9 at Aug 22, 2008,
you didn't include line 6

i know many people frown upon line 6, but their insane distortion turned up to around 8 i would say is at least 50db of gain. probably higher. (this distortion is included in almost every amp they make i believe)
why do you have two of the same threads?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by SpeedLives
you didn't include line 6

i know many people frown upon line 6, but their insane distortion turned up to around 8 i would say is at least 50db. probably higher. (this distortion is included in almost every amp they make i believe)
You should probably go play some of the amps by these brands if you think Line 6 amps compete with them. The Vetta can pull off some tones, but the spiders don't even skim the surface.

Quote by chea_man
I honestly don't know how that happened.. deleted that one, though. Only the one with the poll is up now.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Wow, this shouldn't even be a question, there is no "favorite" for most people, it's their budget, I'm sure if people had the cash they would all go get a Deizel, ENGL, etc, especially a Deizel, I just skimmed over the list but it looks like the most expensive one on there.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Boogie FTW!

I want a Recto-verb pretty damn bad, but that's a little far down the road for me, as I'm waiting for my playing to mature.
Quote by DSchmitty
Wow, this shouldn't even be a question, there is no "favorite" for most people, it's their budget, I'm sure if people had the cash they would all go get a Deizel, ENGL, etc, especially a Deizel, I just skimmed over the list but it looks like the most expensive one on there.
I disagree. My favorite amp that I would get if I had the cash would probably be the ENGL SE for live play, but the Cobra for recording.

I know people who would take a Mesa or Mako over a Diezel even if they had the money. If you have the money, its the tone you are looking for, not the price tag on the amp.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
But what I'm trying to explain is most high gain amps try to duplicate the tone of their higher priced brothers.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by chea_man

Yeah, why

I had the first post

Matamp Kingstreet for me.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Wow... you're missing a few brands there - Where is H&K, Bugera, etc.
There is limit on how many options I can make =/.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS