JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
um.....ok.....

Wat, I was bored.

Isn't it nice to marvel at over the top rigs?
what's the point when you need an awesome guitar to play through them?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Hoodoo Child

Don't rain on my parade

http://www.birdlandmusic.net/product.php?productid=4215&src=froogle

I'll just get one of these and swap the pups with left over monies.

My Ibby could handle that rig nicely, too.
Quote by Hoodoo Child

NOOOOO! AMP IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN GUITAR

lol but sirously I hope you can eventually get some of that sweet gear
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
NOOOOO! AMP IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN GUITAR

lol but sirously I hope you can eventually get some of that sweet gear

Hopefully

Gonna be for my epic d00m sound
Quote by HighPotency
The viper looks like it has a cancerous tumor by the knobs. Get this .

Why would I want a 600 watt Blue Doodoo?

Fizz+doom=fail.

2 50w in stereo ftw.

Dime the sumbitches.
No one wants to talk about Matamps?
Quote by Horlicks
Sounds fantastic.
I wish I could afford a 5 grand rig.

So do I
Quote by imgooley
So do I

=_=

=_=

=_=

O_O

So this is just a ''dream rig'' thread in disguise?
Quote by Horlicks
=_=

=_=

=_=

O_O

So this is just a ''dream rig'' thread in disguise?

Not thinly veiled...

Yes>:"?
Horlics: That thing actually scared me, good job.

Also, to the OP, if you have a good job 5 grand isn't actually that hard to come by.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Horlics: That thing actually scared me, good job.

Also, to the OP, if you have a good job 5 grand isn't actually that hard to come by.

20 years old

College student

Part time job at Fed Ex.

5 grand is half a year's pay.
Anywho:

Once I get a spare £20,000
Last edited by Horlicks at Aug 22, 2008,
No, once you get a spare 5 grand, you're getting one of these:

http://chicagobluesbox.com/content/newsletter_details.asp?ArticleID=18

Buddy himself autographed the first 50 or so.
Join the CBB club!

But, If I had a spare 5 grand, i'd hunt down an original 1964 vibroverb. With an EV speaker :drools:. And, I should have some cash left over for pedals and other guitar stuff.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Aug 22, 2008,
Once I get a spare £5000 I'm getting 13 of these.

Head

Cab

It'll be slamming - The overdrive is CRUSHING

If I can stretch my budget I'll get this:

Flying V

If you cannot tell I'm being sarcastic, gtfo
Quote by darkarbiter7
But, If I had a spare 5 grand, i'd hunt down an original 1964 vibroverb. With an EV speaker :drools:. And, I should have some cash left over for pedals and other guitar stuff.

This man is correct. Everybody else can have their super mega doom hellfire gain amps with an ESP Viper and I'll take a Vibroverb and a strat and show you all who's boss.

But for shizzle,
I'd get a Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature, Original Vibroverb, Metro 50 watt plexi, Original Tweed Bassman, a Two Rock cab, a cab with Celestion Greenbacks, and the most expensive attenuator I could find (because if it's more expensive it must be better! )

Oh and I'd get a John Mayer strat, Stevie Ray Vaughan strat, Goldtop Les Paul, American Tele, TS808, another TS808, original Vox Italian Wah, echoplex, TC Chorus, and an original Univibe.

Once I win the lottery of course....
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by darkarbiter7
No, once you get a spare 5 grand, you're getting one of these:

http://chicagobluesbox.com/content/newsletter_details.asp?ArticleID=18

Buddy himself autographed the first 50 or so.
Join the CBB club!

I'd rather meet Buddy, have him sign my arm, then have that arm tattooed

CBB or Vibroverb wouldn't quite the DOOOM!.

I'm not particularly fond of any Blackface amp, save the Super Reverb, and even then I'd rather have a Blonde Bassman.

I would slap a Blond Bassman in there. Crank the mofo and let the epicness begin.

Quote by VoodooCow229
This man is correct. Everybody else can have their super mega doom hellfire gain amps with an ESP Viper and I'll take a Vibroverb and a strat and show you all who's boss.

But for shizzle,
I'd get a Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature, Original Vibroverb, Metro 50 watt plexi, Original Tweed Bassman, a Two Rock cab, a cab with Celestion Greenbacks, and the most expensive attenuator I could find (because if it's more expensive it must be better! )

Oh and I'd get a John Mayer strat, Stevie Ray Vaughan strat, Goldtop Les Paul, American Tele, TS808, another TS808, original Vox Italian Wah, echoplex, TC Chorus, and an original Univibe.

Missing the point. I wouldn't use any gain above what you would be.

Though a non master volume Plexi would fit well. With an 8x12 cab and another 2x15

Only reason I said viper is because I want a Baritone SG style guitar.
Quote by al112987
ROFL at getting a Silverface Bassman.

Why? Have you ever played one? Have you ever heard one cranked?
im gonna find an old blackface super reverb and an old 61 strat. that should put me way past the 5 grand mark. and just because i can, i will also get an original leslie speaker cabinet, and an old ES-335. maybe add a dumble an an old Plexi too.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by imgooley

i have one, and there amazing. you should get one soon, there going up in price.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
i have one, and there amazing. you should get one soon, there going up in price.

There's one downtown for 500 bucks. Gonna snag one as soon as I get that Blues Custom 30 I've been GASing for.
Quote by imgooley
There's one downtown for 500 bucks. Gonna snag one as soon as I get that Blues Custom 30 I've been GASing for.

nice. the ones in great condition usually go for about 500 now, but 3 years ago i saw them for like 250-300. i guess the secret is out, silverfaces do sound good. everyone talks about the CBS years like they were awful, but fact of the matter (barring a few exceptions) they were still professional level instruments and amps, and lots of people used them at the time.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I was gonna get a silverface bassman, but I thought the cash that I spent on it would be better used to get an even nicer main amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah i remember when you had a thread looking for a new amp, i kept forgetting that i posted in the thread and ended up recommending a bassman and telling you to listen to a clip of mine like 246 times haha. i think you ended up finding the right amp for you though.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I think I might put my Ceriatone plexi on hold and go for a Silverface Bassman now that you mention it....
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by imgooley

I have in fact played a 1973 Bassman 100 head, they sound just fine for clean but do not break up nicely at all.

Tweed Bassman? Sure, GREAT amp, silver face bassman? Not a fan at all.
Yeah, i'm glad I splurged on my CBB.
The speakers are it's weakest point ATM, so i'm waiting for the weber CTS alnico clones to come out. Other than that, the thing is a monster blues amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by al112987
I have in fact played a 1973 Bassman 100 head, they sound just fine for clean but do not break up nicely at all.

my 76 bassman 50 has mediocre sounding cleans, and great breakup.
are you sure your amp is in good working condition? could need new tubes and often need the caps replaced.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by al112987

This one http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/805130969.html

is 50 watts.

And for what I'd use it for, it would be pretty much dimed.

I'm talking a stereo rig with a Matamp, 2 2x15's and 2 4x12's. Overkill FTW.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
damn you Imgooley.....my GAS is bad enough

Gas hurts, dontit?
Quote by chea_man
my 76 bassman 50 has mediocre sounding cleans, and great breakup.
are you sure your amp is in good working condition? could need new tubes and often need the caps replaced.

It wasn't mine, it was at a vintage guitar shop a few years ago while I was in South Carolina. '73 bassman (with a reissue reverb unit), I just thought the breakup was just not smooth in general and had a very harsh top end. I wanted to see if it sounded like a Marshall after learning that the first JTM45 was based off the 59 Bassman.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 22, 2008,
Quote by al112987
It wasn't mine, it was at a vintage guitar shop a few years ago while I was in South Carolina. '73 bassman (with a reissue reverb unit), I just thought the breakup was just not smooth in general and had a very harsh top end.

after reading your past again i realized it wasnt yours.
but my guess is, that amp could have been much better with a good check up by a tech. however, that being said, not everyone likes the tone of every amp. it may not be your thing. different strokes for different folks, you know?

edit/ and yeah, the sf had changed quite abit since the 59s, so they werent very marshally anymore. although i was able to get a nice marshally tone from mine when i took the art tube preamp and used it infront of the amp to really push it hard, and then jumped the channels and turned it to 8. i used it on one song for my bands album, i was very happy with it. (although i could only do one take, because we did it in our dorm room and people were unhappy haha)
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Aug 22, 2008,
Something may have been wrong with the one you tried.
The one I played sounded quite fat. It didn't have the character of a tweed BM, or a BFSR, but it sounded great for the price. Perhaps different speakers or tubes played a part?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by chea_man
after reading your past again i realized it wasnt yours.
but my guess is, that amp could have been much better with a good check up by a tech. however, that being said, not everyone likes the tone of every amp. it may not be your thing. different strokes for different folks, you know?

Yeah definitely.

I've never been a big fan of overdriven Fender's in general.

Quote by darkarbiter7
Something may have been wrong with the one you tried.
The one I played sounded quite fat. It didn't have the character of a tweed BM, or a BFSR, but it sounded great for the price. Perhaps different speakers or tubes played a part?

Perhaps, the speaker was original. I'm pretty sure it had been re-tubed, smaller vintage shops like that tend to take pretty good care of their stuff I've found. Regardless, it was just not for me. The verge of breakup sound is ok, but full all out, cranked to 10 sounded rotten to my ears.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 22, 2008,
Page 1 of 2