i was wondering are there any good metal riffs in standard tuning? if so what, im a beginner/intermediate sorta level. Kinda over the same old **** like enter sandman etc.
Well, lots of early/semi-early Pantera stuff is a quarter-step down from standard, but it sounds fine in E... May I suggest Heresy? Or perhaps Domination? Or even The Art of Shredding...?
that opeth song was ultra too long :P
im wanting maybe a band i might know or have heard of in the metal genre unless u got a sick intermediate metal riff for me from a random
Quote by braydz
that opeth song was ultra too long :P
im wanting maybe a band i might know or have heard of in the metal genre unless u got a sick intermediate metal riff for me from a random

Listen to Decapitated's "The First Damned". The second riff in that is awesome. Very fast, quite tricky, but if you slow it down and build it up to speed it's doable. I'd put it slightly harder than the riff just after the solo in Master of Puppets.
Quote by seljer
Megadeth's Rust in Piece is all in standard

learn it

the entire album

Every Megadeth song is.
electric eye into judas ftw (seeing them in sept)
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
There are plenty of metal wrote in standard, look into Megadeth's Symphony Of Destruction or Sweating Bullets, Peace Sells and Lucretia also Metallica's Master Of Puppets album, some Testament (Trial By Fire), Trivium (all of their song except the ones on Ascendancy (which are drop D songs) are played in standard). Iron Maiden's song are in standard too.
ill look into some megadeth.. kinda over metallica songs atm sorry. trivium n2b either, keep the names coming.
Quote by 3lusiv3
Every Megadeth song is.

actually Angry Again isn't
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
Man you guys are leaving out S.O.D, Vio-lence, Dark Angel, dont you guys know any bands besides the ones you see on tv? Slayers first album is in standard.
Quote by REINCREMATED
Man you guys are leaving out S.O.D, Vio-lence, Dark Angel, dont you guys know any bands besides the ones you see on tv? Slayers first album is in standard.

Thie is Electric Guitar, not Metal Forum...

Municipal Waste?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
shh if u got nothing to add dont post..
how about some nice rock/heavy rock riffs too. just some **** thanks intermediate stuff i need to improve.
Judas Priest.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by gooooog
master of puppets

pretty much yeah. all of metallicas old stuff was played in standard tuning, id roll with that.
iron maiden = godlike riffs + solos

The Trooper
Flight of Icarus
Aces High
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
22 Acacia Avenue
and ect. (those are just my faves)

I think i love maiden too much... nah, not possible!

Dont forget Ozzy Osbourne on the Jake E Lee and Randy Rhoads albums! (Zakk Wylde not so much) Sick riffage on those... though Diary of a Madman is in Eb.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh bark at the moon is awesome.

anyway, metallica are great too. testament, megadeth, RUSH, The Scorpions... just take a look at those mentioned in my post and you will have plenty to play
Cowboys from Hell.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.