My intonation is fecked. The high e string is out of tune at the 12th fret, its in tune on the open string and about a 1/4 step flat at thye 12th fret. Ive messed around with the screw trying to sort it but its never the same, it is always at least 1/4 step flat no matter which way i turn the screw. Its a strat style bridge, can anyone help? Im not sure which way i am supposed to turn the screw when its going flat & when its sharp but ive tried turning it both clockwise and anti clockwise and nothing seems to be helping.

Cheers
Just take the guitar for a setup at a luithers, and mention the problem. They'll fix it.

It's that or a new guitar.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
yeah, if you can't fix it by turning the nut at the top of the neck then put it in for a service.

by the way, i'm sure you already know, but don't turn the nut more than about an 1/8th turn each day, you don't want your neck snapping.
Quote by J C
yeah, if you can't fix it by turning the nut at the top of the neck then put it in for a service.

by the way, i'm sure you already know, but don't turn the nut more than about an 1/8th turn each day, you don't want your neck snapping.

Its an old guitar, was thinking bout getting a new one anyway but id still like to try and fix it. I havent messed around with the truss rod, just the screws on the bridge but nothing is helping. Its just on that one string aswell, all the other ones are fine.
Nah, the string is only about 2 weeks old. I had went from .10's down to .09's at one point but it gave me fret buzz and stuff so i moved back up to .10's and all the other strings are back to normal with no buzzing or intonation problems except from this higher e string which suffers from both.