Page 1 of 2
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
i get a good clean sound with my 81 and 85

but the 60 sounds the best clean
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
The 60 if you want a humbucker, but the singles like the SA sound sweet as well. Depending on the configuration of your guitar of course.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
85s are rubbish for it 81 is ok cos it tidies up the bass on it but 60 is best cos its weaker than the other two and more balanced without a doubt
i have two 81´s i want to replace the neck with some good clean sounding pickup.i like satriani......i used to play metal now im into everything that sounds god to me but i love satriani style.
check out PASSIVE bareknuckle warpigs they have some stupid output which rivals EMGs, like 20 or something stupid Also you can get them in ceramic or alinco V, much better sounding and will clean up for cleans no problem.
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
60A, or H(A) if you prefer a single-coil like tone.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
im thinking about h or ha.is it comlicated to replace the 81with h.i would really like to just remove the 81 and plug in the h..........:-)
60 Best cleans in the world dude
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
^I doubt it would be the best clean pickup in the world. Otherwise I think we'd see every jazz player using one otherwise...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
if i put a emg H pickup.would it be a big difference in volume between them....i mean between 81 and H?
Quote by Gabel
^I doubt it would be the best clean pickup in the world. Otherwise I think we'd see every jazz player using one otherwise...

I could easily see the combination of one of the better-clean EMGs and something like a Fender Steel King being successful in a jazz environment, to be honest.

I think that, if you're wanting cleans from an EMG, and you want them to be pretty nice, you should be looking in to the SAs. Not really fond of EMGs at all, particularly the clean tone, but that's more a matter of personal preference, really.
i cant put sa i need a humbucker....as i asked before will there be a big difference in volume between 81 and h pickup
EMG 60
but you would be better with a duncan jazz
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by Gabel

The EMG 91 was actually designed by a jazz guitarist for archtop players.

MANTAJAZZ, what if you adjusted the pickup height?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i should make a new emg clean clip... meh.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
all i know about pickup height is that emgs work best as close as possible to pickup becouse they dont have as much magnetism as passive pickups.
so can anyone answer is there a big volume difference between the EMG 81 and pickup.i relly would like to have a single coil sound on my guitar and the cheapest thing to do,well at least ithink it is, is to replace the neck 82 with H or HA pickup.soi repeat; so can anyone answer is there a big volume difference between the EMG 81 and H pickup!!!!!please!!!!
Last edited by MANTAJAZZ at Aug 23, 2008,
Quote by MANTAJAZZ
nobody here listens to what im talking about.

Because nobody has an H.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude

so, the cotton gin was was invented to help end slavery by eli whitney, but it doesnt mean it did it well.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by MANTAJAZZ
so can anyone answer is there a big volume difference between the EMG 81 and pickup.i relly would like to have a single coil sound on my guitar and the cheapest thing to do,well at least ithink it is, is to replace the neck 82 with H or HA pickup.soi repeat; so can anyone answer is there a big volume difference between the EMG 81 and H pickup!!!!!please!!!!

There probably will be yes, purely because no passive pickup can really match the output of an active; they have a preamp built in to shape the tone and boost the output. How pronounced the difference would be I don't know but there probably would be.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by aznrockerdude

I didn't know that! Probably has more to do with me not liking EMGs tone. Actually they might make great jazz pickups, they're very transparent. That's probably why I don't like them.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
I didn't know that! Probably has more to do with me not liking EMGs tone. Actually they might make great jazz pickups, they're very transparent. That's probably why I don't like them.

there is nothing to like about emg 81 85 cleans becouse they are "souless".the 91 is probably another story...........so 60,89 and H,HA anyone has another idea.come on people help......i want an active pickup to replace the 81 neck pickup with some other that will have the sound so i can play even blues on it.......come on ...the bridge pickup is also an 81.
the 85's cleans are pretty nice. and so are the 60's from those who use them.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

id would like help on this topic from someone who knows what clean is.and i dont mean metal clean but real clean.
Quote by MANTAJAZZ
but EMG H is an active pickup

Having taken a closer look at the EMG website and stopped assuming that you mean HZ I will now say the exact same thing but for a different reason, being that it's a single coil in a humbucker housing and no single coil can match up to a humbucker for output.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by papersun87
I figured I'd be hearing a lot more people recommend the 89.

Yea, it's kick ass; the sound of the 85, with the ability to get a sound like the SA (I think EMG actually describes it as two SAs wound together).

And for questions on the H's output, I don't really know how it would be with another EMG, but Kurt Ballou of Converge uses and 81/H combo in most of his guitars, and switches pickups a bunch it seems, so I'm guessing it can keep up volume-wise.
Quote by MANTAJAZZ
id would like help on this topic from someone who knows what clean is.and i dont mean metal clean but real clean.

wow, fuck off. get a new guitar.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
wow, fuck off. get a new guitar.

please shut up i heard your music.i defenitly dont want your opinion on this topic.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by papersun87
I figured I'd be hearing a lot more people recommend the 89.

Thats what I was going to recommend
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Page 1 of 2