Hey people, I'm looking to get the Vox wah and i was was wondering if its worth going for the V847A over the standard V847, I've never modded a wah before and don't intend on doing so, i can get the V847A for £73 and the V847 for £65

Opinions please!
Well if you have no intentions on modding, get the A version. The V847 is more mod freindly and works even better after modding!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i thought they discontinued the V847 and replaced it with the V847a which has the DC jack and possibly something else

the non-a one might be used as its discontinued
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Nope its still really easy to get a V847 in uk and practically impossible to get an V847A
Whilst I'm at it what's the best leads to get to hook up pedals? the small ones to hook up 2/3 pedals
I'd say Planet Waves or George L. I use George L, them being cheaper here. Eric Johnson also uses them, so yes they're good.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

i just use the cheap-ass stuff you get at guitarcenter - good thing about them is, if they break at the plug, you can fix em

plus, i think what they declare as "V847" is actually the V847a...they dont make the v847 anymore, i doubt theres taht many still around

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
^Actually there are. At least here there are. Super easy to find too!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

sigh I'm scared that the V847A is going to sound completely different to the original and am therefore scared to purchase one
Hey guys look what i found i just need confirmation
http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/25_164/products_id/1837

Look what it says at the bottom
The VOX V847 Wah-Wah pedal is built to the original specs of the pedal used by guitarists of the late '60s and '70s, and totally authentic right from the classy chrome top to the legendary growl. An original-style, vinyl carrying case is included.

now with true bypass and socket for 9v power adapter- THIS BIT

its listed as a V847 but has the features of a V847A :S confused!

I just rung them up and they confirmed it has a 9v adapter , looks like this is a steal for £59 give me the go ahead and i will order!
Last edited by sharpy1 at Aug 22, 2008,
Actually they're virtually the same. The V847A sounds the same, but isn't as moddable, that's all!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by sharpy1
Hey guys look what i found i just need confirmation
http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/25_164/products_id/1837

Look what it says at the bottom
The VOX V847 Wah-Wah pedal is built to the original specs of the pedal used by guitarists of the late '60s and '70s, and totally authentic right from the classy chrome top to the legendary growl. An original-style, vinyl carrying case is included.

now with true bypass and socket for 9v power adapter- THIS BIT

its listed as a V847 but has the features of a V847A :S confused!

I just rung them up and they confirmed it has a 9v adapter , looks like this is a steal for £59 give me the go ahead and i will order!

see thats what i meant..its the A version even though they list it as v847 only...

and it does not sound the same, it has a different inductor, the difference will only be subtle though (i havent tried the a though)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009