Right basically i need a quick bit of advice if you'll indulge me?

I have £500 to spend on a new guitar; i currently have a LAG Jet (in my sig - which i can't figure out how to change since the new profile system :S), a BOSS MT-2 pedal and an Epiphone Valve Standard amp. So i have a 24-fret strung-through body guitar already but im really keen on this as a second guitar:
http://www.guitar.co.uk/schecter/2125-schecter_c1_blackjack_electric_guitar
Mainly due to the pickup options it offers as it's coil-tapped. Also i've had 22-fret guitars in the past but like having the whole 2-octave neck option.

Thing is im also keen on this:
http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/product-detail.asp?id=5040&catid=3&manid=137&quantity=1
As i like the sound of active EMG's and i've always liked the EX style models. However i'm not sure its really in the same league as the schecter and it's not strung through the body whereas the schecter is.

Any input?
I'm open to other guitar suggestions in that price range too; even FR equipped ones as i used to have one but swapped it for my current guitar; since i like switching to drop-D to learn other songs and it was a pain with the double-locking tremelo.
Gear:
>ESP LTD FX-400SM
>LAG Jet JM100 with Swineshead Venom (bridge) and Warthog (neck) pickups
>EHX Bigg Muff Pi
>BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
>Epiphone Valve Standard (Class A 15Watt)
Hi,

I don't really have a great deal to contribute, but in my (limited) experience I've found ESPs to always play better, but I think quite a bit is personal preference....When I played them everything just kinda flowed effortlessly, if you can find somewhere I recommend (as I'm sure others will) to just going to try them out

And slightly off topic.....where in England are you? I ask cause I noticed you used the guitar village website and I'm going there to pick up my new guitar this afternoon!
Cheers.
Yeah i'm not sure there is anywhere nearby where i can try any of them unless i drive to exeter or something.
I'm in Devon, near a small town called Axminster (where hugh fernly whittingwhateverhisnameis resides).
Gear:
>ESP LTD FX-400SM
>EHX Bigg Muff Pi
>BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
Ah, fair enough then....well as I've said personally I would go for the ESP, but it's personal preference, but I would definately try and have a play of them, even if it does mean a long drive it would be worth it....

When I was deciding what guitar I was gonna get I was deciding between Jackson, ESP and Ibanez and asked the guys here and everyone was helpful and gave useful opinions, but at the end of the day I tried them all, and the ESP was the only one that felt right, if that makes any sense....

And it's a shame you're not closer to Farnham (where the guitar village is), I'm always on the look out for someone to jam with :P
Yeah the only problem is i am really learning toward the Schecter but no where stocks them around here
Cheers for your input!
Gear:
>ESP LTD FX-400SM
>EHX Bigg Muff Pi
>BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
I'm not from the UK but i know a place called the solo sound house sells them. Another place i've heard of is sound control. I also ran across a link to a website in the UK that sells schecters just a couple days ago. I will see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here you go. I found it.

http://www.guitar.co.uk/schecter

LOL, never mind. Thats the same site that you linked the schecter that you're looking at.

But, as for playability. I own a c-1 xxx and I absolutely love it. I've heard great things about esp's as well though. I'd say either way you can't go wrong. If you have any specific questions about schecters just ask and I can do my best to help ya out.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
Last edited by dhoyft at Aug 22, 2008,
I hate to tell you, dhoyft, but Sound Control has closed down, the shop has anyway!

I was in London last week checking out guitars and I wanted to go to Sound Control but it was shut.......so I just spent 3 hours in Tottenham Court Road instead....1 road with over 10 guitar shops......I love that road.......