3 60%
EMMA ReezaFRATzitz
0 0%
Menatone King of the Britains
1 20%
Other (please post which!!)
1 20%
Voters: 5.
Im looking to get a pedal to get a great Marshall type overdrive at lower volumes with my Orange Tiny Terror. Ideally im looking to get to Guns N Roses territory with it.

I cant try any of these pedals and have listened to all of the youtube videos but still cant decide:

Zvex Box of Rock: Really sounds great, but more like a JTM45.. do you think adding a little bit of dirt from the amp might send it to GnR territory (the amp used on appetite is a modded plexi after all!)

EMMA ReezaFRATzitz: Havent heard much about this as there arent many youtube videos. It has enough gain on tap but would it do a convincing GnR thing?

Menatone King of the Britains: I once read that this sounded a bit like a silver jubiee! I doubt that as it is based on a plexi i think, but it has enough gain on tap. Reviews say it can be thin though, anyone tried one?

Other pedal recommendations are very welcome. As mentioned it is for use with a Tiny Terror If you vote could you please explain why?

Thanks very much
it doesn't look like you're on a small enough budget and could probably do a lot better than this, but the Marshall Jackhammer's OD mode is pretty good for marshally tones (understandably!) if you use it with a slightly overdriven amp..

but like i said.. it looks like you're on a higher budget than £40, so you could probably get something better that i'm not aware of.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Well, I use a Marshall Jackhammer's OD setting.
I use it to play with a lot of gain at low volumes, and it does a great job of giving my a really nice roar sound. Can get the exact same tone as "The wicker man" by Iron Maiden, or "Bark at the moon" by ozzy.

If I play my amp at really high volumes it sounds ok - although this is probbably due to a not so good speaker.

But, which pedal sounded better to you?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
i thought these ones were like boutique OD pedals and 3 of the best at the marshall tone. isnt the jackhammer a cheap £40 pedal??

Pedals with valves are gimmick, ive checked out what EHX has to offer and there is nothing that i think would nail the sound im after

edit: i cant try so i dont know which sounds better - the zvex sounds like it has the best quality of sound (but maybe because it has the best quality of video on youtube) but not enough gain on tap
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
i thought these ones were like boutique OD pedals and 3 of the best at the marshall tone. isnt the jackhammer a cheap £40 pedal??

It's cheap as in only costs £40.
It's pretty solid - well built, and the OD is good, if not great.
As long as you spend time with the settings, it will sound great. And at low volumes you can get some nice sounds.

Plus, it's about sound, not price :p.
But try them all out.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
It's cheap as in only costs £40.
It's pretty solid - well built, and the OD is good, if not great.
As long as you spend time with the settings, it will sound great. And at low volumes you can get some nice sounds.

Plus, it's about sound, not price :p.
But try them all out.

again, i cant try them. i can try the jackhammer though. if all of them were the same price would you still recommend the jackhammer?
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
again, i cant try them. i can try the jackhammer though. if all of them were the same price would you still recommend the jackhammer?

Probably not, but it depends on how they sound.
But, if you want a good pedal for low volume - the jackhammer is, IMO, pretty good. And cheap.

If you were gigging, etc., the other pedals may be more suitable. I don't know, I haven't tried them. Plus, IMO, the other pedals look more like distortion pedals as opposed to an OD. But I'll be using my jackhammer when I'm quiet, and when I'm loud.

Since you can try the jackhammer, I think you should try it out first and see if you like it.
REMEMBER - use the OD settings. The Dist mode is muddy, bassy and overly compressed.
If you like it, buy it. If not, get the ZVex (as I would definately get the ZVex if I had the money. Or maybe the HT-Dist instead).
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
ok cheers. the money isnt an issue, but ill try the jackhammer when i pick my amp up from the tech
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
ok cheers. the money isnt an issue, but ill try the jackhammer when i pick my amp up from the tech

Remember to bring your guitar too. Try it with your rig.
You can save some money to but other stuff :P.
And yeah, if you dislike, get the ZVex or HT-Dist.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
i've done research on the MI Audio Crunch Box. it will give somehow a marshall tone. try it too.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
i've done research on the MI Audio Crunch Box. it will give somehow a marshall tone. try it too.

Ive owned one of those, got a demo in my profile, didnt like it. The highs were a bit too harsh and the bass a bit too flabby for me. Thanks though.

Im leaning towards the Zvex and another one to be honest! even if the Zvex cant get the tone im after it will have a very usable one... so i might get 2 pedals