I recently purchased a Kustom 30 watt amp. Will this amp be good enough for band prac, and small time gigs?
is it tube or solid state?
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
30W might be good for small places like pubs, I actually did gigs in places like that with a 15w a few times for space reasons and it worked ok. Plus i remember Kustom from using some cabs and mixers way back and I remember it as a probably generic company soundwise, but quite reliable so I'd say you are doing fine. Just make sure to have a more powerfull amp for some serious gigs
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
I'm quite interested to here this, as I'm thinking about buying a 30 watt Kustom myself. I'd imagine it would work for small gigs and practice as my crappy 30 watt bass amp worked just fine.

Just wondering. What sort of music do you play and what do you think of the amp? Also what model is it?
if i were to do a gig, a 30 watt amp would be fine for a small venue but i would go for a 50 watt or higher, for a solid state amp.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
If you're amp is a tube amp, you can gig but 30 watt solid states are generally practice amps so I'd say you should get a bigger amp if you want to gig, about 50-75(solid-state)or 30-50(tube) watts would be enough for small gigs.
Quote by metalgirl0
If you're amp is a tube amp, you can gig but 30 watt solid states are generally practice amps so I'd say you should get a bigger amp if you want to gig, about 50-75(solid-state)or 30-50(tube) watts would be enough for small gigs.

My 30 watt bass amp worked fine for small gigs at pubs and it's solid state. I reckon he'd be right with his.
Quote by metalgirl0

The amp is a tube amp, so I guess I am good for gigging.
Quote by NothingButRock
I'm quite interested to here this, as I'm thinking about buying a 30 watt Kustom myself. I'd imagine it would work for small gigs and practice as my crappy 30 watt bass amp worked just fine.

Just wondering. What sort of music do you play and what do you think of the amp? Also what model is it?

I play mostly trash metal. It is a solid state 30 series. I think the amp is alright, it kicks the **** out of my Laney 20 watt amp. I tried it with the band today, and it worked fine.
If it's a tube, then your going to be good for small/medium sized gigs. Larger gigs will require a 60 or 100W. Then again, I'm talking pretty big gigs, lol.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!