Hey guys, im desperate to buy a new amp to get rid of the dry tone i get from my marshall mg10cd, and im definitely going to buy a new amp.

The amp im mainly looking at is the Vox AD100VT, http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/reviews?base_pid=482623&page=1&sc=date&so=desc i tried it out at the shop, and its pretty awesome however,

I play mainly Nu Metal and Hard rock or anything else, and ive been told its not that great for it. Im looking mainly for a good SOAD, Disturbed, Lamb of god tone and i really need to know if this amp works for it.

Also, the last thing i need to know, is if you can use a pedal with it, due to the fact that it allready comes with a foot switcher and it allready has effects, thanks.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
if you tried it and like it and it does what you need it to do then go for it.... can't really say anything.
You're not going to really get any high gain tube amps at that price (the Bugera maybe? eh...)

take a look at the Line6 Flextone? or the new one with the hybrid stuff?
Last edited by seljer at Aug 22, 2008,
used 5150 Combo

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
okay...if ur into metal which u are...do not buy a vox valvetronix, ive got the ad100vth, with a 4x12 speaker, and im planning on selling it. i mainly play metallica childern of bodom and just heavy metal in general, and i dont recommend u buying a vox for metal, try get a good marshall combo with a boss mt-2 or digitech death metal, pedals like that.

or u can try out roland cubes, 60 is the biggest, they have great metal settings, beautiful for all the heavy stuff, and really nice clean channels.

hope i helped
Quote by Mike 'em all
okay...if ur into metal which u are...do not buy a vox valvetronix, ive got the ad100vth, with a 4x12 speaker, and im planning on selling it. i mainly play metallica childern of bodom and just heavy metal in general, and i dont recommend u buying a vox for metal, try get a good marshall combo with a boss mt-2 or digitech death metal, pedals like that.

or u can try out roland cubes, 60 is the biggest, they have great metal settings, beautiful for all the heavy stuff, and really nice clean channels.

hope i helped

Boss and Digitech Metal pedals=fizz.

The VT has enough gain for metal, and enough low end. Especially after the speaker breaks in.

But, if the only thing you are looking for is a hard rock/metal type amp, a Peavey Windsor would do you well, as would a few others if you look used. I'm assuming your price range is around $500?

You can get a bugera for a bit more, but also look at higher priced amps to see if you'd want one of those instead. I've seen Mesa MKIII's at anywhere between 800 and 1200 bucks, so keep an eye out.
Quote by Mike 'em all

hope i helped

Its all a matter of opinion I used to have the 50 watt version and it had a mix of decent cleans and a decent metal sound. I'd recommend the Randall SS series if your looking for SS/hybrid amps. Id definetely spring for a tube amp if I were you though. Like the bugera or Randall TC50 or even a spider valve which is an all tube modeling amp with the effects you can play with.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
well pretty much wat i meant was..lol the vox ad100vt or any valvetronix doesnt have the metal sound that i want, it goes heavy just not as heavy as i wuld like, and it doesnt have that sound that i love, where cubes just do it for me, so pretty much its whether u like the sound or not