Page 1 of 2
I'm going to my aunts wedding this afternoon, and we have hired kilts for the occasion
I would like to go true Scotsman, ie commando, but I dunno if its appropriate since its a hired kilt.

What do you think?
No.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
I've never done it commando, shouldn't matter, though. Be warned:
Rowdy Scotsman will cut your underwear off and that you'll most likely flash your bits by accident.
i can tell you now, i bet your not the first one to wear that kilt like a true scotsman lol, its a hired kilt, meaning when you give it back it gets drycleaned lol, they ain't just gonna fling it back in the cupboard after all the drunk people have spilt drink and food on it lol
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
true scotsman! you just have to, end of
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
aslong as you have the right colour tartan kilt for your family name it will be alright.....
If you feel like it. I would love to wear a kilt sometime.

Quote by Shred Head
Don't, what if there's mosquitoes there?

In Scotland? Pfft.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Good On Ya Mate From Australia!!! Do It!!
My Gear:

Fender 2008 American Series Standard Stratocaster
Hand Made Acoustic Guitar (made by my uncle)
Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with maestro trem
BOSS DS-1
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Peavey Bandit
Quote by hellsbiker
aslong as you have the right colour tartan kilt for your family name it will be alright.....

The clan tartans are fictitious, first penned by Arthur Conan Doyle.
Quote by _Tim_

until everyone decided to choose a tartan to go with their motto
Quote by _Tim_

Not so, they may not be traditional but clans have come to use the tartans to represent them in fairly recent years.

Btw your the first person i've seen on here from York *salutes* I'm at uni there.
Quote by Dr.Jazz
i can tell you now, i bet your not the first one to wear that kilt like a true scotsman lol, its a hired kilt, meaning when you give it back it gets drycleaned lol, they ain't just gonna fling it back in the cupboard after all the drunk people have spilt drink and food on it lol

EDIT: I have found joy in reciting the above quote to some 90s rap beats.

lolololol

Maybe you should ask some of the older folks who are also gonna be in kilts, just so you don't feel out of place with whatever choice you make.

Personally, I think it'd take a bit of effort to get over the fact that many johnsons have rubbed against the temporary home you're giving your little guy.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Last edited by Kutanmoogle at Aug 22, 2008,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head
Don't, what if there's mosquitoes there?

In Scotland? Pfft.

Yup, you'd better believe it. And horseflys and Midges.

And I wouldn't go as a true Scotsman. Since you live in Scotland, you should know its always windy here And the one time my mate went to a party as a true scotsman, once everyone got drunk they all started to catch a peek of his *ahem* Haggis *ahem* if you know what I mean
I say go for it. I was married in one and it was great. It is funny how none of the ladies want to check to see if you are a true Scotsman until after you are married!

Seven yards of wool is heavy, it has to be a really strong wind to blow that up. Also, make sure you keep your knees together or there will be lots of flashes from the digital cams under your table. You will probably see your bits on the Internet!
Show me a crowd where the band is loud
And my drunken ballet is in fashion!

-- Jerry Riopelle
yeh go like a true Scotsman. They get cleaned anyway so who cares...........
Quote by Atreideslegend
Not so, they may not be traditional but clans have come to use the tartans to represent them in fairly recent years.

Btw your the first person i've seen on here from York *salutes* I'm at uni there.

Indeed, but it all started as a way of making his novels more interesting.

Really? There are a few Yorkies on here.
Make sure its not windy outside.

But id say go for it
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
do fast spins, like pirowets or however the **** you spell it, so everyone who watches catches a glimpse of your haggis
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Quote by emagdnimasisiht
Wear a thong.

This.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
You gotta go commando, no Scottish wedding is complete without the traditional photo of all the men mooning at the reception.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
really its up to you.

its going to get cleaned before they rent it out again, so i dont think its a big deal.
I have my own, so I'm free to Let my pecker flow. Wouldn't reccommend it though considering your practically rubbing your peen against someone else's dried semen.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Dr.Jazz

lol

Just Do it.
X
everytime ive hired a kilt its ended up with puke and or chips grease on it. wheres the wedding about? i played an ayr wedding the other week and they were a bunch or backward savages.
Quote by matttt
I'm going to my aunts wedding this afternoon, and we have hired kilts for the occasion
I would like to go true Scotsman, ie commando, but I dunno if its appropriate since its a hired kilt.

What do you think?

there is a known scottish kilt "etiquette" kinda

when in the presence of women u NEVER and i repeat NEVER go true scotsman.....

it just aint polite apparently
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
It's a wedding....so maybe I'd go with a few extra layers, just in case, lol.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by arsonite
It's a wedding....so maybe I'd go with a few extra layers, just in case, lol.

Its a wedding, not a gay bar.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Its a wedding, not a gay bar.

I'm assuming there's women there too? I hope so, seeing as it's a wedding.
ಥ_ಥ
So I ended up going True Scotsman.
Gained a fair bit of respect from my family lol
At one point where my cousin aimed the camera up my kilt.... he found out the hard way that I was a true Scotsman.
Quote by matttt
So I ended up going True Scotsman.
Gained a fair bit of respect from my family lol
At one point where my cousin aimed the camera up my kilt.... he found out the hard way that I was a true Scotsman.

Thats what im talking about. Glad you did it.

Im always commando, even on the coldest of days and at airports. If people do start trying to violate you or try take pics, thats sexual assault my friend. And that constitutes smaking the first **** you can reach in the face as hard as you can. The trick is to make a example, show people what will happen if they try that ****.
Quote by bmcmillin
I say go for it. I was married in one and it was great. It is funny how none of the ladies want to check to see if you are a true Scotsman until after you are married!

Seven yards of wool is heavy, it has to be a really strong wind to blow that up. Also, make sure you keep your knees together or there will be lots of flashes from the digital cams under your table. You will probably see your bits on the Internet!

This. However, it's worth remembering that hire kilts are frequently lighter(as in around 13oz/yard). If you buy a second-hand military kilt(will probably cost you <£50), it's likely to be 18oz/yard or more, albeit of somewhat coarse wool.
Quote by Preid

Thats what im talking about. Glad you did it.

Im always commando, even on the coldest of days and at airports. If people do start trying to violate you or try take pics, thats sexual assault my friend. And that constitutes smaking the first **** you can reach in the face as hard as you can. The trick is to make a example, show people what will happen if they try that ****.

I'd be tempted to suggest that this ios what the sgian dubh is for, but that would be taking things a little far.
Page 1 of 2