how do i make strings sound good longer i clean them with a clothe and a string cleaner called fast fret but there is always more dirt on them and how often should i change them i play like 3 hours to 20 mins so very much a difference but on weekends i play 3hours daily how often do i change them and do's boiling them in hot water do anything

also id like some old wife tales of how to do stuff with them

follow these rule

no spam
no dickheads alowed in here saying well this is ****
anything you know about strings like how to fix broke one or change quicker post
they're strings, they don't last forever. You're already doing more than most people do to try to keep them new.
The dirt just accumulates no matter what

you end up having to clean your fretboard in a while too (maybe like....once a year)

don't bother with the boiling stuff...maybe if you're a bass player wjere you spend $25 on a set but on a guitar its not worth it. Buy a new set

buy in bulk, its like 40% cheaper for a 10pack versus buying single packs
then change them...every couple of weeks...whenever you feel like it
Elixer Nanoweb. So many people do not know what these are. Expensive, but last so much longer.
don't bother with the boiling stuff...maybe if you're a bass player wjere you spend $25 on a set but on a guitar its not worth it. Buy a new set

but does this actully work??
Quote by jAzZMataZz
No, not really.

in my experience: it does for 30 minutes, then its back to whatever they were like before

though I soaked them in spirits for a couple of hours, no boiling
as a bit extra since u lot r smart at strings i do drop d tuning and standard sometime drop c and my strings are 10-46 is this right gauge also if someone can give a site to find 10-50 packs of these thatll help
Quote by cleft11
Elixer Nanoweb. So many people do not know what these are. Expensive, but last so much longer.

+1
I use em', and I don't plan on using anything else but these.