I've been looking for a new guitar for a while and two guitars caught my eye:

Ibanez RG570 selling for 475 AUD and;
Ibanez RT570, made in Japan, bought for 1400 AUD and selling for 650 AUD.

I checked the reviews section and only found the RT650, so I suspect that the RT has an one piece alder body and the similar pickups to the RG but I could be wrong.

Have any of you played an RT570? How does the sound and build compare with the RG570? If anyone can post specific details about the RT570, that would be great.

I couldn't find any specific information on the net or UG since the RT models have been discontinued.
Are you sure it isnt RGT? which is basically an RG with a thru-neck instead of a Bolt-on

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
I want to say that RT is a typo for RG since the letters are like right next to each other
can't find any RT570 either

otherwise the RT series seems to be slightly vintage styled: its got 2 point strat type trem, no fancy locking stuff
dating to around 92/93 it seems
Alright. Thanks for all your help. I'll probably end up getting the "RT" 570. The owner lives closer anyway.

Are RG570's normally made in Japan? If not, is the build quality still good?
Quote by chiselite
Alright. Thanks for all your help. I'll probably end up getting the "RT" 570. The owner lives closer anyway.

Are RG570's normally made in Japan? If not, is the build quality still good?

The Ibanez RT series was designed as a modern 'vintage' guitar; they have smaller than jumbo frets, the body of an RG and a slightly thicker U shaped neck profile.

After going through a lot of 90's catalogs I can't seem to find a 570, though.

As for their country of origin, the entire series seems to be Japanese, as is the RG570.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by julian2k4
god.... ibanez's are horrible

your face is alot worse
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
Quote by necrophagist!
your face is alot worse

hahaha trust me if i would have to put a face on an ibanez it would have to be sloth from the goonies

Quote by julian2k4
hahaha trust me if i would have to put a face on an ibanez it would have to be sloth from the goonies

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by julian2k4

I wouldn't bother putting a face on you, mate.

No need to waste a good face.
Quote by Bonsaischaap

God dam that is sexy... I am talking about the beast of course
There's no such thing as an RT570. There was never an RT 5-series, as well as the x70 RT. The price hints that the guitar in question is more likely an RG or something entirely unrelated.

I'd go for a cheaper RG570. Nothing beats the value per dollar on these within their class.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by Bonsaischaap

haha nice..
listen i just dont like ibanez,
sorry guys, no offense

haha cool pictures though