with my floyd rose. It's an edge pro 7 and it seems to always stay flat. I'll tune for an hour and it will stay the same. Can anybody tell me what's wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Kind of hard, thats a poor description. Is it brand new? Perhaps the knife edges are worn. But its an edge so thats unlikley. Do you actually understand the concept of a floyd rose?

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
Are you using the Tuners on the Headstock? Becuase thats not going to do anything except maybe break your strings.
Sig What?
Well... you might want to loosen the tuning pegs with an allen wrench (hex key) if you want to tuners to work, or use the fine adjustment knobs.

But thats just assuming you dont know how it works at all. If you do, sorry I cant think of what it would be
You guys don't even know what you're talking about at all. Don't you know that false information is worse than 0 information at all?

1. Make sure the locking nut is as tight as it can go (if you have one)

2. Make sure your springs and your strings are balanced out, you can find out how to do this on youtube.

3. If it's a licensed floyd rose, get ready for a whole hell hole.

4. Trem's aren't even worth getting unless it's an original floyd rose, or an edge pro or lo pro Ibanez.

5. Not all floating trems are "floyd roses" Floyd Rose is a brand, he's the maker of the first double locking floating trem, or atleast one of them. So don't call it a floyd rose, call it a tremolo.

P.S. it seems to me that your springs in the back are a little messed up. You want the bridge to like hover above the alcove in the guitar. Loosening the springs in the back will make the bridge come up, tightening will make it go down, you need to find the balance. Your locking nut probably isn't on hard enough either. Tighten it as hard as you can.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Mhmm. I am in fact NOT an idiot and have tightened my locking nut, and am using the fine tuners, though even when I unlock the locking nut and use the other tuners the same thing occurs.

Furthermore, nan0, as you said, bad advice is worse than none. Overtightening a locking nut is bad.

I should have probably put this in the first post, but I showed it to some guy who said that my springs were probably messed up. I posted here wanting another opinion.

So where can I get new springs? Would guitar center have them or would I have to order them from somewhere?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Last edited by Psychedelico at Aug 22, 2008,
The springs are in the back underneath the cover, you dont need to buy new ones, you are right though do not over tighten the nut. That will only cause more problems down the road.
I didn't say over tighten it either...

You don't need no springs, although if you use heavy gauge strings, you might need another spring in the back to cause more tention.
Actually you did. If I were to tightening the locking nut as hard as I could, that would be overtightening it.

But anyway, I checked this tutorial:

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=P1c-7-VMY_w

and I see that that answers most of my problems. The only one remaining is how to block the bridge. I have an Edge Pro, and that doesn't stay above the body. Can anybody help me with that?
Quote by SlinkyBlue

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you