Hey guys, so i've had my roland cube 30 for about 3 years and it never gave me any problems, my set up was... RG370dx--> dunlop classic crybaby --> boss me-50 --> roland cube 30

So i got my les paul studio (and a boss eq pedal) las week, and i feel the amp isnt doing justice to the guitar, i feel like the sound "breaks"...like i have said before i never had problems with the amp before, never dropped it, never let it out in the rain etc...

So i was thinking about buying me a new amp, 500$ tops ( i just got a new guitar) i want an amp thats natural sounding, no digital modeling bull**** I play everthing from les paul to metallica, lots for blues rock, souther rock, and just rock in general

So should i get a new amp? or just keep tweeking my cube 30?

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Quote by mmjohn
do you play in a band or are you a bedroom jammer?

Both

TG

maybe look into a epi valve sr or a blackheart handsome devil.
Last edited by mmjohn at Aug 22, 2008,
Hm, it's a genuine Gibson?

That roland just isn't doing justice. Even if it's the epiphone model. With most solid state, it will make alot of guitars sound the same. If you invest in a nice tube amp, it will really bring out the characteristics of the guitar and make it shine.
Quote by injected
Hm, it's a genuine Gibson?

That roland just isn't doing justice. Even if it's the epiphone model. With most solid state, it will make alot of guitars sound the same. If you invest in a nice tube amp, it will really bring out the characteristics of the guitar and make it shine.

yeah genuine gibson...

Well yeah i guess i can save up for a nice amp, but im not planning on getting something like a 2000$ head or anything, id rather get a tube combo, not in that price range though

TG

Quote by tamargoguitar
yeah genuine gibson...

Well yeah i guess i can save up for a nice amp, but im not planning on getting something like a 2000$ head or anything, id rather get a tube combo, not in that price range though

TG

the 2 i suggested are tube amps that are in your price range.
Quote by mmjohn
the 2 i suggested are tube amps that are in your price range.

Yeah I just looked at both, im looking for something bigger

TG

Quote by tamargoguitar

TG

how much bigger...........15 class A watts is pretty daymn loud. you could look into the crates or valvekings.
A Fender Hot Rod Deluxe will fit the bill for blues, classic rock,southern rock but the overdrive might too weak for you but with pedals I'm sure you can push it. Do you want a good clean that you can build off of with pedals or a good distorted overdrive?
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by tamargoguitar

TG

Can you give us an idea or how much bigger? And is the budget bigger or just $500? You would probably be fine with a 30 watt tube combo. Can you get a used peavey classic 30 or used crate V3112 in Caracas?
Quote by gregs1020
Can you give us an idea or how much bigger? And is the budget bigger or just $500? You would probably be fine with a 30 watt tube combo. Can you get a used peavey classic 30 or used crate V3112 in Caracas?

bigger as in 30 watts... i guess in the future i could work out more than 500, but thats all i have now, well i was planning on shipping one from the US but just noticed its too ****ing expensive because an amp is so heavy

Here the music shops are very limited so i'll see what they've got and then start a thread comparing whatever amps i see there

Thanks guys!

TG