My brother has a currently-knackered ZOOM 505ii multieffects, So we took off the backplate and had a look inside. It looks like one component Is knackered in the thing. It looks like it's burnt out - The component is pretty much stripped of the plastic covering you'd use to recognise it and there's a Pretty well defined scorch mark on the Circuit board. I'm assuming all I need to do to solve this is Relpace it - But I don't know what it was in the first place.

I have a camera, but the batteries are flat! I could take a picture with a webcam, But it's usually not very clear. The component is marked "R15" in the white text they print on the board to say where everything goes - So I'm assuming it's a resistor? It's situated just below the D.C. input jack,
Here's a crappy paint diagram:

If someone who owns one could, like, take a ohmmeter to theirs or something? you might even be able to tell just by the markings on it.

Any input greatly appreciated!
Last edited by jimRH7 at Aug 22, 2008,
They cost like 20 bucks on ebay.... just buy another.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
A new resistor will cost, Like 10p, I'm a student man, I need the money!
bump? Mibbie? I don't Know...
I had a look on google images for ZOOM schematics, But there's nane - I'd imagine they'd be beyond hideously complicated anyway, but I thought they might Like, Black-box the Microchips or something.

EDIT: in case anyone else searches it, according to this guy R15 is 22 ohm. http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/971900/+0#entry24686882

so i will try it out in a bit and report back my results if it works.
Last edited by jimRH7 at May 21, 2009,

It worked a charm, it's back in full working order now. You might notice the white block sticking out the side... that's the new resistor. I went into maplin and logically thought since the old one burned out for the new one I picked the resistor with the highest wattage rating, only once I bought it I realised it was 2 inches long and unable to fit in the case. I just melted two holes in the pedal's casing with the soldering iron and glued it to the side.
Last edited by jimRH7 at Jun 14, 2009,
oh so now you have a camera to provide us a pic
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Quote by captaindonut
oh so now you have a camera to provide us a pic

nobody asked for your input, this was a report back in saying he was successful. his batteries were dead, had you taken the time to actually READ the thread.
------

Shwiggity.
Sweet, I found one of these pedals for 15 bucks recently. They are pretty cool.