just curious

the cheapest guitar i've ever played was a Gibson Baldwin Music Education "Talent"

this thing looked like LP junior
had a bolt on neck and rosewood fretboard, but the fretboard was like rotting or something and was really dry
the tun o matic bridge was so cheaply built and installed that the force of the string was making it tilt towards the neck (yeah, that bad)

it was freakin worst experience ever.... and it was my first guitar too
i wonder how im still playing guitar after that
I had that Gibson guitar, too. It had a couple problems but mine wasn't so bad. I did sell it a couple months ago, though.
An empty box of tissues (cough) with several elastic bands over it.

Technically not a guitar but don't begrudge me it's place in my heart.
I found an acousic guitar at a department store for 30 bucks, pretty crappy guitar but I guess it sounds ok for only $30.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul
Cheap Acoustic
Marshall MG10
Peavy TNT130

propably my schools guitar (if were talking about electric, if acoustic then DEFINETLY schools guitar), tho i dont know what its really worth or anything since i only recently started playing. Mine is the cheapest AFTER i started playing, LTD MH-50 that cost 305€
Montana 99 buck and well overpriced, it was my first guitar and it was a peice of s**t, if your can learn and make it sound good on this, then all other guitars are going to be amazing.
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
20 pound acoustic the worst thing ive ever play the action was like 2 inches lol
i have one of those gibson baldwin les pauls in sunburst with sunburst and 2 humbuckers. NO TUNE O MATIC BRIDGE! just a stopbar! the knobs fall of it. and it sucks basically. atleast it looks cool on my wall.
and a washburn lyon was my first guitar i had to play unplugged cuz it wouldn't play through an amp then a month or 2 later i got that signature baldwin gibson les paul had that six months and finally got an ibanez rg! woot!
I played a dinky little Strat once. I don't even remember if it was Squier or some knock-off.
Encore strat copies they had at the college i've just finished at - they wouldn't intonate, the action wouldn't get lower than 0.5cm without causing dead frets, they wouldn't stay in tune for anything longer than 20 seconds of being played, the tremolos would cause major detunage, they felt flimsy, they sounded really brittle and thin, etc etc.. anything bad you can say about any guitar, those encores had it.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
a squier strat.. it sucks..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
the cheapest guitar ive played is my brothers "first act" electric guitar. but the weird thing is, id had been playing my dads telecaster custom but tried the first act and found i liked it better for some reason. haha maybe its just cuz i dont have to be extremely careful with it
Quote by marathon2615
the cheapest guitar ive played is my brothers "first act" electric guitar. but the weird thing is, id had been playing my dads telecaster custom but tried the first act and found i liked it better for some reason. haha maybe its just cuz i dont have to be extremely careful with it

A Hondo Strat-Copy. They only made them in the 70's for like 3 years. It was awful till I put new tuners in it and set it up, now it actually plays pretty ok.
well, I actually think that the BC Rich Wartribe I had is the cheapest I've ever played..... simply loved that guitar. It performed so well on stage and it sounded pretty decent despite being a low end "beginner" guitar. Aaahhhh the memories!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
40$ classical guitar. bought new. played a few second hand guitars that were even cheaper. . spent more time repairing them actually.
Squire single humbucker bullet. It was 79 dollars used. My friend put a Wilkson tremolo on it with an EMG and made it awesome.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?