i've been playing for a while (no lessons still kinda rubbish)

and i've been looking to buy a capo and a slide for as little money as possible

i was thinking of getting the cheapest solid working capo and just testing slides of different materials and sizes

any suggestions?
Don't know about capo's, but I know about slides.

Every slide will have different tonal qualities and will play differently based on material as well. Size and weight is mainly a factor when talking about clarity and sustain.

Heavier the slide=more sustain.

What kind of tone are you looking for out of your slide?
Well...I know about the capos something...
Get a Dunlop Trigger...they're simple and cool.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by imgooley
Don't know about capo's, but I know about slides.

Every slide will have different tonal qualities and will play differently based on material as well. Size and weight is mainly a factor when talking about clarity and sustain.

Heavier the slide=more sustain.

What kind of tone are you looking for out of your slide?

ill be honest i don't really know what tone but sustain sounds good would heavier also give more clarity?
Yes, it would.

The thing about heavy slides: VERY DIFFICULT TO CONTROL, ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T PLAY SLIDE and difficult for anyone to control on an electric guitar.

I suggest a Dunlop 202 Pyrex Glass slide, or a 201 (203 if you have fatter fingers).
Quote by imgooley
Yes, it would.

The thing about heavy slides: VERY DIFFICULT TO CONTROL, ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T PLAY SLIDE and difficult for anyone to control on an electric guitar.

I suggest a Dunlop 202 Pyrex Glass slide, or a 201 (203 if you have fatter fingers).

thanks good advice
Quote by wooftang999
thanks good advice

Check the Only Slide thread in the Blues and Jazz forum for more information
imgooley is correct about the heavier slides thing. My slide is a Dunlop metallic chrome steel slide, and it is pretty heavy. I intended to go out using it on my pinky, but it weighs my pinky down. I think once I get more comfortable with it, I'll end up getting a glass slide as they're lighter and it seems it'll be easier for me to use.

As for capo's, I use a Dunlop trigger capo, and it is great. Easy to put on and off, and is pretty tight. Just go out and find what's best for you. Capo's and slides all come down to personal preference.
Quote by imgooley
Check the Only Slide thread in the Blues and Jazz forum for more information

haha i was looking in guitar equipm,ent for a thread like that damn