Probably an extremely easy question, but it's bugging me and i don't have a lesson to ask my teacher until next week.

So anyway...it's tab related (the one in the picture below):

What i want to know is...the D string contains no fret numbers, so do i somehow have to mute that string, or do i just play it open? If it's the latter...i would have assumed they would just put 0 there?

Thanks for any help
you put your pick down and use your fingers a technique called fingerpicking
use your thumb and one of your fingers to pluck them at the same time
yeah you could play it with a open D string but otherwise i would my index finger on the the G string (hehe G string) and my ring/pinky finger on the A string
if you would have to play it open, there would be a 0.
Ever heard about octaves? well these are the octaves.
just mute the D string with your index finger that is pressing the 5th fret on A string.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
if you would have to play it open, there would be a 0.
Ever heard about octaves? well these are the octaves.
just mute the D string with your index finger that is pressing the 5th fret on A string.

That's not an octave...
yeah theyre octaves, idk what ur talkin about zycho, and to TS yeah just mude the D string with ur index finger and strum
hybrid pick or u can mute the d string with the finger thats fretting the a string
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Thanks a lot guys Really helped me out on this one...i did what the majority said and just mute it