http://www.finallyequal.com/trailer-small.html

Based on the short story Harrison Bergeron by celebrated author Kurt Vonnegut, 2081 depicts a dystopian future in which, thanks to the 212th Amendment to the Constitution and the unceasing vigilance of the United States Handicapper General, everyone is finally equal... The strong wear weights, the beautiful wear masks and the intelligent wear earpieces that fire off loud noises to keep them from taking unfair advantage of their brains. It is a poetic tale of triumph and tragedy about a broken family, a brutal government, and an act of defiance that changes everything.

anybody else stoked about this?
You are now blinking manually
This is just China now!
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Slooj, I'd bang you so hard.

••The Robin Trower Fans Group••
PM me to join!
Im alright with economic equality but thats a bit over the top lol, sounds kinda messed up might be alright though.
I remember reading that in high school, very cool book.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
No trailer in the link?

VÅDIT and the downloadable trailer is broken. Now I'm just pissed. Thanks for nothing 2081 :middlefinger:
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Aug 22, 2008,
yeah i think i read this in high school, pretty awesome
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
That movie looks freaking awesome.

a combination of the southpark episode where people from the future "took all ther jowbs" and 1984 by Orwell.

atleast that's what I think
Wow, just watched the trailer and i think it will be pretty darn epic!
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
That's my all-time favorite short story!

Trailer looks good, but I couldn't find any information on the movie other than the link you posted.
Sorry..

I slept while watching 2012: Doomsday
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
That book you think you read in highschool was probably George Orwell's 1984. Although this looks pretty cool too if its on the same sort of theme.
I detest that story. Vonnegut wrote it like a child.

That being said, the movie looks like an interesting adaptation.
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
Quote by Consort BV
That movie looks freaking awesome.

a combination of the southpark episode where people from the future "took all ther jowbs" and 1984 by Orwell.

atleast that's what I think

THEY TOOK ARE JOWBS!
Quote by Platodium
That book you think you read in highschool was probably George Orwell's 1984. Although this looks pretty cool too if its on the same sort of theme.

No, there's actually a ton of differences, but it really just bases itself around the same dystopian "utopia" which is the same central theme from 1984. The short stor focuses more around making everyone equal instead of the staggered social classes in 1984. Sorry if that sounds a bit rude, I just have to let everyone know how smart I am.
Quote by Kyle.E
THEY TOOK ARE JOWBS!

DEY TOOKKER JOBSH

That movie looks amazing, I want to see it.
The film version of "Breakfast for Champions" was pretty terrible, I've not got high hopes for this. I'll probably see it anyway, just because Kurt Vonnegut is my hero
Yeah, I saw the trailer last night. It looks REALLY good.

The premis, anyway. It has all the tendency in the world to fail miserably, because it's not like the trailer was exactly revealing on anything other than the base plot.

But I'm hopeful, at least.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I read that story last year. It was odd.

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
Quote by stevve
Im alright with economic equality but thats a bit over the top lol, sounds kinda messed up might be alright though.

Yeah, I know. You could almost say it's dystopian...
-Taidgh
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
-Hunter S. Thompson