i have enough money for the blues junior but is it worth it to get the extra money for the hot rod deluxe???

i really wanna a really good stevie ray vaughan tone out of it but thats kinda it, it would mostly be played in bedroom but maybe one day it would be nice to gig with it so i dunno

when i go and try them i plan on buying it after trying it, so i just wanted ur opinion?

thanks very much,
Quote by gilmourish
i have enough money for the blues junior but is it worth it to get the extra money for the hot rod deluxe???

i really wanna a really good stevie ray vaughan tone out of it but thats kinda it, it would mostly be played in bedroom but maybe one day it would be nice to gig with it so i dunno

when i go and try them i plan on buying it after trying it, so i just wanted ur opinion?

thanks very much,

Try a Fender Champ XD, perfect for bedrooms (can go really quiet) and small gigs... and arguably just as good as a blues Junior.. there about $400 or £200 the hotrod deluxe is just too loud for bedrooms or even house use imo my blues deluxe is a nightmare to practise at home with.. the champ tho is probably the best small practise amp I've come across
The Blues Junior is much better suited to practice in your room, but it's also pretty decent for medium sized gigs - which is all you need, because any massive gig (done right) would have a PA and you'd be mic'd up.

Trust me, I have both. The Blues Junior is your best bet and you can get lovely SRV tones out of it.
it all depends on your taste. just go try em and get which one you like better.
ok cheers, im gonna try it out then, but not in a guitar store IN HARRODS

i just find the idea of buying a amp in harrods amusing and its only £299 in harrods, on gak its £325 and gak is mean to be cheapp!
It's £299 in Harrods!?

Get the Blues Junior, should be fine for mostly bedroom.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
So your budget is right around $500?

If it is strictly down to those two amps then imo the HRD is over kill (way loud) and Blues Jr is better choice. So is SuperChamp hybrid mentioned.

Can you play amps somewhere or are you buying on-line? There are other amps. Can you buy used gear? May open up more options.
out of the two, i think the blues jr would be best. its not too big for bedroom practice, and not too small for playing live.
of course your going to need sometype of overdrive for srv, or some kind of fuzz since i assume your a pink floyd fan.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
well im kinda set on a classic fender amp, i think the blues junior seems really good so im gonna go and try it
I love mine! Fullstop! (blues junior that is)

Not too loud for bedroom, but not too slight for live!

Plus with my rig (in sig) i can actually get any sound at most volumes = super versatile!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Well the blues junior won't be too loud as long as you keep it turned down but it is more than loud enough to make neighbours, family and anyone else nearby complain if you are not careful.