There is things that are said i these forums and i just think what the hell are they talking about?
heres a few examples:
truss rod
tremolo arm
improvising
theres plenty more but i cant remember
would somebody please tell me what this means?
also you can say what you call anything to do with a guitar be it an amp,guitar itself,strings,effects pedal,or something to do with actually playing the guitar.
truss rod
Truss rod is a rod inside the neck which counter-balances the force of the strings on the neck to make it more stable
tremolo arm
Also referred to as the whammy bar. Its the bar that some guitars have, where you can pull it backwards and forwards to adjust the pitch for effect.
improvising
Making it up as you go along, basically.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
truss rod
Truss rod is a rod inside the neck which counter-balances the force of the strings on the neck to make it more stable
tremolo arm
Also referred to as the whammy bar. Its the bar that some guitars have, where you can pull it backwards and forwards to adjust the pitch for effect.
improvising

What he said.
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
Quote by Blompcube
truss rod
tremolo arm
improvising

thansk a lot
btw my guitar dont have a whammy bar can i put one on it? and if so how much do they cost?
you could fit a bigsby tremelo system easy enough.. however the fender and the floyd rose tremelos are quite difficult to set up
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307
you could fit a bigsby tremelo system easy enough.. however the fender and the floyd rose tremelos are quite difficult to set up

crap i have a fender
cheap tremolos make your guitar go out of tube faster. you dont really need it that much unless youre playing like satriani/van halen stuff, and even then you can go without. you could buy a digitech whammy pedal though.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by daveswhippy
crap i have a fender

what fender is it? a lot of fenders should already have vibrato bridge/tailpiece mechanisms (the effect is not "tremolo" its actually vibrato, its just fender called the strat vibrato the "synchronised tremolo" and it stuck. tremolo is a fluctuation in volume, not pitch).

^yep, a digitech whammy is a reasonable alternative to a real vibrato mechanism, its like a wah pedal only it adjusts pitch and has a load of different options.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by daveswhippy
its a fender strat

you can easily put a whammy bar in most strats - xander307 was referring to the actual bridge/tailpiece mechanisms. its likely that your stratocaster already has one (something strats are notorious for is the synchronised tremolo), and you just need the bar. It may need to be adjusted so that you can use it - if you're not sure, take it to a shop.