If I dont use any flats/sharps. Do I need to worry about key signature at all? Like if I were to use the A minor scale, over ABCD chords.
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

You should always listen to this bird-man-woman-thing.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

What the fuck man!? That's SWEET

I think I might actually use that!

.....what?

There are no sharps or flats in a C, if that's what you're asking...
Not quite following. In the key of C Major or A Minor, there aren't sharps and flats. So soloing using a scale of C Major or A Minor would be perfectly fine too.
do you realize that there isn't a key that has ABCD chords (assuming you mean major)
it would be (in C) Amin Bdim Cmaj Dmin

just learn the circle of fifths it takes like a few minutes and saves a lot of time
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Quote by gold_ninja101
If I dont use any flats/sharps. Do I need to worry about key signature at all? Like if I were to use the A minor scale, over ABCD chords.

no sharps/flats IS the key signature for A minor. Whether you want to worry about it or not, is up to you.
shred is gaudy music
So.. it would be ok to use something like the A minor scale (Which has the notes ABCDEFG, and no sharps/flats) and not worry about any kind of key signature?

(Im shocked at all the replies in such a short time, thanks everyone )
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

it depends entirely on the chord progression, but yes, if you're playing a simple i-vi-iv-v (or whatever) in c major/a minor then yes, the a minor scale would work fine.
Quote by tjhome28
HOWEVER if you're using A minor Harmonic the 7th note is taken up a semitone, so you do have a G sharp in that case.
And in A minor Melodic you have two sharps, F sharp and G sharp, on the way up, and then these become naturals again on the way down.

Yes, but harmonic and melodic minor are not keys.
Quote by gold_ninja101
So.. it would be ok to use something like the A minor scale (Which has the notes ABCDEFG, and no sharps/flats) and not worry about any kind of key signature?

(Im shocked at all the replies in such a short time, thanks everyone )

You can play whatever you want in terms of note choice, but if you're in A minor then obviously A minor would always be a sensible choice.
Alright, thanks everyone.
Quote by steven seagull
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
+1

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R