I guess I'm kind of new here, I've been reading the forums for a couple of months and just decided to make an actual account. So...Hi! Anyways, here's my question, I hope one of you guys can answer it.

I bought this really cheap wah ($30 shipped new) figuring it would sound like crap, but might be kind of fun to tinker around with. Of course, it turns out that I love the sound of the wah. It's not a very good wah sound, it's very choppy (think of a "wow" sound, not "wah"). The only problem with it is that it's a complete vampire on my tone! Is there any way I can change my setup or mess with the pedal to fix this little problem?
try putting it first in the signal chain after your guitar, or put a true bypass mod on it
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
It's just the design of the pedal's bypass, which is stealing all of your treble tones.

You can look up mods to make your pedal true bypass, or mods to add a better buffer.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Since I was trying to figure out what was wrong, it's currently the only thing in between my guitar and amp. Any ideas how I could go about doing a bypass mod? Thanks for such a quick reply!
Quote by blasphemy101
Since I was trying to figure out what was wrong, it's currently the only thing in between my guitar and amp. Any ideas how I could go about doing a bypass mod? Thanks for such a quick reply!

There's a bunch of info in the guitar gear & accessories forum.

Just type "wah bypass mod" into the searchbar and see what you can find.

What make and model are the wah, anyway?
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Behringer Hellbabe HB-01 I had a $25 gift card to Target...Should have bought a bunch of picks or something. Thanks for the info, I'll go look it up.