you guessed it. i went swimming with my phone in my pocket.....the lights work a little but it wont call or anything. is it completely done for?
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
How long ago?

Try CPR.

Oh, and water is bad for electronics, just for future reference.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
if you get your phone wet, dont turn it back on. let it dry for a few days, then turn it on when its all dry.

but if you turn it on while its still wet, its spent.
You went swimming in your clothes?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I drank too many beers and fell off my friends boat and it killed my phone. You can try taking the battery out and putting it on the dash of your car and it might dry. I did that with my next phone and it worked. The first never did work again, I guess river water was its kryptonite.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by floppypick
How long ago?

Try CPR.

Oh, and water is bad for electronics, just for future reference.

Uh, I see bad moons arising!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

Uh....
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Yes it's done for, you muppet.

wrap it in tissue paper with a few of those little silica gel sachets you get in shoes to keep them dry and they might absorb some of the water and fix it slightly.
Quote by nebiru
I drank too many beers and fell off my friends boat and it killed my phone. You can try taking the battery out and putting it on the dash of your car and it might dry. I did that with my next phone and it worked. The first never did work again, I guess river water was its kryptonite.

Your next phone? what what???
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
Yeah.. I got a new one after the first one was killed. But I dropped it in a toilet haha. That one survived though.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
Put it in a bowl of white rice.

For serious.

+1

But stop trying to use it and turn it off...
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
well i had a pocket in my simmin trunks and i rode the 4 wheeler back to the pond and forgot about it and jumped in. i wasnt in for too long, that water was cold.

see if your warranty will cover it. obviously dont mention your phone's diving experience. say that the battery runs out within minutes, or that the screen pixelizes when left on for more than a few minutes or whatever. make it seem like it's the phone's fault.

My iPod got attacked by sprinklers, which effed up the battery or something. I got a new one with no problem!
Quote by allfallsdown
see if your warranty will cover it. obviously dont mention your phone's diving experience. say that the battery runs out within minutes, or that the screen pixelizes when left on for more than a few minutes or whatever. make it seem like it's the phone's fault.

My iPod got attacked by sprinklers, which effed up the battery or something. I got a new one with no problem!

People do that all the time.

It is instantly obvious when someone has dropped their phone or got it wet.
I've swam with my phone 3 times. 2 different phones. One phone i swam with twice in the same day, another on a separate occasion.

They both broke.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
Quote by allfallsdown

the watermark turned red.....i need a new one anyway. the screen didnt work on this one.

My friends mom dropped her phone in a pool and the speaker broke.

She did it again like 2 months after, and now the speaker works.

In conclusion: swim with your phone again.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Quote by Kensai

That's CCR!

Looks like we're in for some nasty weather...
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i stuck it in front of a big fan. its on high so should it be ready by tomorrow if i leave it in the sun?

This is when I realized I had my phone in my pocket. I took the battery off it, poured alcohol on it and let it dry for a couple days. It works now. I dropped it in a cup of coke later lol, this is is awesome it's unkillable.