Well, I've decided that I need a sound gate/noise reduction, and I get killer feedback at any volume past 4 on my amp, and a good bit of hum to boot

I've looked around, and from what I can tell, the Decimator destroys the competition

But, what I want to know is if the G-String model is worth double the price tag?
Via the ISP site, I gathered that the G-string does a better job in general, and it says something about not having to turn the gate off if you switch between a high gain and low gain channel. I assume this means that you would have to with the standard model?

Thanks in advance.
Decimator = either FX loop or guitar -> amp noise suppressing
G string = both

In my opinion the G string is better but it does mean having a couple more long cables to connect it all up
The G string uses the original guitar signal as a reference for what to do when the preamp signal hits the noise reduction stage in the effects loop. It's basically a simplified version of the ProRackG, but with only one noise reduction stage.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
you dont need the rack trust me.
unless you gig constantly and need a perfect setup, get the pedal.
i have it, and it works fantastically.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by doctorcheeze200
you dont need the rack trust me.
unless you gig constantly and need a perfect setup, get the pedal.
i have it, and it works fantastically.

The G String is a pedal. It's basically the original pedal version, but with signal tracking capabilities.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM