Sometimes I see in vids people play the c chord shape up high on the neck.

I do this sometimes with the d shape, and the barred e maj & a minor shapes

I tried it a few times with c and it sounds wrong. What is this chord? I'm probably missing something simple or hitting an open string I shouldn't or its position-dependent (only works at a certain place due to the open string still being in the right key)
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine


Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
try this shape,


thats a D chord using the "c shape"

you can move that up and down the fret board easily

Theres just the usual barre chord shape.
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Might be these chords, I could be wrong

|--0---------| This one is the back half of a barred A I use it a lot it sounds great

|--0---------| This one goes well with the last chord.

If you just mess around with those two positions all over the neck you'll figure out which one to use at what spot.
I hope I helped a little.