Hi guys. I currently have a Mexican Strat and a vox vfs2 that my parents bought for me. I make money by streeting performing with the violin earning about 35 dollars a night.(that's a lot for me considering I'm 13). Currently I saved up about 430 dollars right now. Do you guys know what amp or guitar I should get next? I could earn more if the amp/guitar is more pricy. I play a lot of guns n roses and other hard rock stuffs.
I would look into the Fender Blues Jr. and possibly an OD pedal to go along with it. The amp alone will sound great and maybe give you enough for hard rock, but putting that OD in front of it will really make it sing and give you a good amount of gain.

As for an OD pedal: Ibanez TS-9 or cheaper the Blues Driver or Bad Monkey.
Quote by Wylde_Life
I would look into the Fender Blues Jr. and possibly an OD pedal to go along with it. The amp alone will sound great and maybe give you enough for hard rock, but putting that OD in front of it will really make it sing and give you a good amount of gain.

As for an OD pedal: Ibanez TS-9 or cheaper the Blues Driver or Bad Monkey.

what's the difference between the blues driver and the bad monkey? why would someone choose one over the other?
and is the ts9 definitively better than the two others?
In my opinion the Blues Driver sounds a little better, but it lacks bass, which is alright with the Blues Jr. because it tends to be on the bassy side anyway. The Blues Driver is really a pedal of its own, it doesn't try to mimic just one pedal, and IMO it sounds a lot more like real Overdrive.

The Bad Monkey is a great pedal none-the-less, it sounds a lot like the TS-9, just doesn't react to volume levels the way the TS-9 and Blues Driver do, and it seems to me to have a more "digital" sound than a real OD, but I tend to care about tone too much too, it sounds fine im just nit-picky.
Quote by Wylde_Life
In my opinion the Blues Driver sounds a little better, but it lacks bass, which is alright with the Blues Jr. because it tends to be on the bassy side anyway. The Blues Driver is really a pedal of its own, it doesn't try to mimic just one pedal, and IMO it sounds a lot more like real Overdrive.

The Bad Monkey is a great pedal none-the-less, it sounds a lot like the TS-9, just doesn't react to volume levels the way the TS-9 and Blues Driver do, and it seems to me to have a more "digital" sound than a real OD, but I tend to care about tone too much too, it sounds fine im just nit-picky.

hey wylde_life thank you, and would you mind checking out my thread as well and telling me what you think?... it's called "choosing an amp."..thanks.
Last edited by tona_107 at Aug 22, 2008,
I like my strat, but I was thinking of chaning my guitar to more of a Les Paul guitar. But anythings fine with me, as long as it sounds good.
Have you played a les paul? If so, do you like it more than your strat?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I tried an epiphone les paul. I liked the fact that u can toggle with the treble/rhythym. I also think it looks nicer, cuz of the color and patterns. The thing I like about my strat is it has a whammy bar. If I could trade my strat for a epiphone I probably would.
Well strats and les pauls have a total opposite feel to them. Playability is opposite. If you liked the way the les paul played, then go for a les paul.

Are you happy with your amp?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I know a lot of people have been talking bad about the Marshall MG, but should I consider it? Because I plan to use the new amp/guitar for a while. So I wouldn't mind saving up more for it.
Do not go for an MG or AVT. Actually, dont buy anything marshall because they are ridiculously overpriced and suck unless you put out big bucks.

VOX makes a good amp... Do you not like yours?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I do. I just wanna sound better, and I dont mind the feel for both of them. Maybe I should visit the store to try them again.