Hey,

My birthday is on Tuesday so my girlfriend is taking me up town tomorrow to get some guitar stuff.

Now I have Schecter C1 Exotic w/ EMG 81, 85 so im happy with that. I have a Peavey Valveking 112 and a LINE 6 PodXT LIVE so im fine gear wize.

Now my guitar cable broke, or is breaking so im gonna need a new one anyway, well 2 really.

1) Is it worth buying two sets of the Elixir cables at £35 each?? Do they really make a difference.

2) Because I use two jack leads, would I need to buy 2 Elixir cables if I was getting them since even with 1 the other older lead would just screw sound again??

3) Is there anything you can recommend I buy to increase my guitaring gear?

4) Also I see people say they record with the PODxt LIVE via there soundcard etc with 2 phono plugs... Is there a big difference doing this from doing it straight USB?

Thanks,

Rowan
£100 roughly.....

I dont gig or anything its mainly just home use, Im still learning but I like covering songs and putting on YouTube...

Just wondering if anything I can do to make a nicer nicer nicer tone....

And is that good gear ive got?
Quote by .Rowan
£100 roughly.....

I dont gig or anything its mainly just home use, Im still learning but I like covering songs and putting on YouTube...

Just wondering if anything I can do to make a nicer nicer nicer tone....

And is that good gear ive got?

if you like it then yes. a lot of people will say your amp is ****, but i have no opinion in that matter. i'm sure you're happy with it so therefore it's good enough for you.
Well I came from a Line 6 Spider so that says enough lol..... for stupid people yeh im happy :P

About the cables and recording things I put, whats your answers on that?
Your gear seems fine man, if you like home recording i'd maybe go for some recording software rather than gear, you'll maybe need to put a couple of quid to it yourself but atleast you'll have it.
just a sugestion.

oh! or a banjo!
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I use Sony Vegas so I got the software... and Line6 Edit seems to do the job for making tones.
i would think using the USB on the line6 would be better than using your soundcard. assuming you dont have a thousand dollar soundcard.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
You could maybe upgrade your Valveking. New tubes (if you haven't already), and a new speaker.
Well I was gonna end up buying a nice 4x12 cab n head soon so im trying to stay away from that.

Would getting Elixir strings make it sound better?
Are they worth teh money?
And do I need to buy 2 then?
Yeah new speaker. Also an EQ pedal or overdrive pedal.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

his amp isnt ****. just buy monster cables. those are the best cables on the market. good tone, long lasting, and lifetime warranty. not that retarded limited lifetime, but "i smashed my cable on purpose. gimme a new one" type warranty
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack