hi,
i was just thinking of gettin wall hangers for my guitars, but is that okay for your guitars? i wont damage the neck is anyway?
thanks
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
hey i hav three and they are awesome two for my guitars and 1 for my bass and i plan on getting two more but anyways there easy to install and no they dont damage the neck at all or else guitar center wouldnt use them lol there really nice to i use the coffin ones but only cause there the cheapest
Put it on a ground stand at least.

Or better yet, put it in the case! Its the safest way to protect your investment.

Ive heard bad things about wall hangers, but then ive heard that it wont harm your guitar. Im not sure who to believe, but in any case theres no benefit, so just put it in your case where its protected.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
As long as you install the hanger correctly, and you don't have a really odd headstock, your guitar should be fine.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Would they make them if it did?

The only reason I don't have them is I'm too lazy to drill the holes.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
theyre the healthiest for a guitar. theres no stress on the neck at all. nothing touches it. maybe a little on the headstock area, but it's fine.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
i Wouldnt leave it hanging for weeks/days untouched or off the hanger, overnight use etc id say is perfectly fine, but i think it will damage the neck over time, its like if a tap leaks onto a surface for a long time, the surface slowly breaks away, so i imagine the same applies to the guitar necks, its own weight over time will destroy it :P

Nevermind earthquakes, thats babies gone if you dont have a good lock on it :P
wall hangers are completely fine

HOWEVER it does cause stress on the neck so dont hang it for too long. occasionally place it in a stand or case.
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by apak
theyre the healthiest for a guitar. theres no stress on the neck at all. nothing touches it. maybe a little on the headstock area, but it's fine.

Umm, id say its the least healthiest. The case is the best. Floor stands next, then a wall hanger.

Anthony1991 nailed it.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
thanks guys, i think ill buy 2 but when i go on holiday i will definalty take it down
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I use them for both my electrics and acoustics. I have heard people say they are bad for it, but the general consesus is that they wont damage anything.

I would put mine in cases, but I dont have any hard cases, just the cheap gig bags, whcih they sit roled up behind my couch, so to have cases with guitars in would take up a lot of room in my tiny basement. Plus I like to leave them with the strap on and plugged in so I can just turn on the amp, warm it up and play.
well wall hangers are good because hey save a lot of space. it's not gonna damage your guitar. it's very convenient and practical.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I have one but i stopped using it. I live on the cape and salt air started to rust bits of the hardware on my guitar, so I've since kep it in a hard case whenever it's not in use.

It's a shame really. It looks great hanging over the bed.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
Then I wonder how long all those guitars sitting around in Guitar Center have been on the wall hangars if it's so bad...they hang even the nicest of guitars...
crazy talking animals
Well like they said, over time of it sitting there it will damage it, but if you play everyday its fine.

I play at the very least 1 hour each day, sometimes skipping a day if I have to work late. Usually im picking up my guitar 3 - 4 times a day, so it is not sitting for a long period of time. I think there was a thread a long time ago that someone contacted fretrest and the said that neck movement will only occur when the instrument is left on the hanger for 3 or more days at a time regularily, like a person only plays every 3 days, then after a while they will start to notice the neck is causing more fret rattles.

But if you left it for a few day periods (3+ Days) and then played it, they said it would return to normal. This is why Guitar Center guitars dont get a lot of neck movement, because they are taken off frequently. I really dont even see the 3 day thing applying, because a lot of Guitar Center stores have Gibsons up high that dont get played for a few weeks sometiems and they seem fine.

But I wouldn't leave my guitar on a hanger for more than 2 days personally.

And your location also affects this, I live in the midwest where the only thing to really get at the guitar is a tornado, and even in the case it is going to **** it over.
Last edited by Wylde_Life at Aug 22, 2008,
As far as the neck is concerned, neither wall hangers, nor floor stands, nor cases are all that different, and none are really bad for your guitar. Guitar bodies are fairly light if you compare to the tension of the strings, so a few pounds of the body weight won't add a lot of load to what the neck has to deal with. My Parker's tuning doesn't deviate at all when it's hung on the wall with a locked trem, meaning the neck doesn't deform. Should be the same for most of them.

I'd say, if after a few minutes of hanging your guitar on the wall your tuning goes sharp noticeably, then take it off. Otherwise, you're clear to use a proper wall hanger (the one which lets the instrument pivot freely).
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I have this nightmare of my guitar simply coming apart at the headstock after a few years on wall hangers. I heard Les Pauls have a very weak headstock joint.
i have found problems using them with ltd esp guitars i used to have an alexi-200 then it just fell off the wall hanger one day and was never the same since
Sorta off topic, but do those hercules ground stands have the same cons as a wall hanger due to the guitar being supported by the neck? I would think not since they also have a back rest on them but jsut checking.