Hey guys,

Ive just had my induction for electrical engineering at college, and i can say without doubt that this isint what i want to do for the rest of my life....

Im thinking about changing courses to an introductory course into music...

My hearts always been in art and music, i dont know why i wanted to do electrical engineering, probably pressure from parents to get a job that you know youll make money in...

Do you guys think im making the right choice? ive never taken music, i wish i did, so bad. Id love to do it as a job, i pretty much listen to music all the time and play guitar ALL the time, i just dont see the point on wasting my life doing something i hate, lifes to short.

Just want some oppinions not full out tellings of what to do with my life.
Quote by Sora 01
Hey guys,

Ive just had my induction for electrical engineering at college, and i can say without doubt that this isint what i want to do for the rest of my life....

My hearts always been in art and music, i dont know why i wanted to do electrical engineering, probably pressure from parents to get a job that you know youll make money in...

Do you guys think im making the right choice? ive never taken music, i wish i did, so bad. Id love to do it as a job, i pretty much listen to music all the time and play guitar ALL the time, i just dont see the point on wasting my life doing something i hate, lifes to short.

On the evidence of this post, make sure you spell-check your application form for whatever you decide to take.
Your life will be an even bigger waste if you take music.

At least you can make a pretty good living doing electrical engineering.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Your life will be an even bigger waste if you take music.

At least you can make a pretty good living doing electrical engineering.

Why do you think that?. I enjoy playing music, ive never had a lesson... picked up guitar and bass pretty easily. making my own songs already. I like classical/orchestral music alot right now aswell as the usual metal
why dont you work on the electrical wiring of guitars?

i need EMG's in my SG cough cough
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
continue with the EE

join us

resistance is futile (if R > 0Ω

for me, if I took music, it'd take all the fun out of it
Some spelling lessons perhaps?

Just kidding. Do what YOU want, not what other people tell you. It's as simple as that.
ಥ_ಥ
If you do decide to major in music you should atleast take the music teaching route. Out of all the oppurtunites music has to offer, teaching is probably the most reliable.
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by Sora 01
Why do you think that?. I enjoy playing music, ive never had a lesson... picked up guitar and bass pretty easily. making my own songs already. I like classical/orchestral music alot right now aswell as the usual metal

What are you going to do with a degree in music? Teach high school band kids? Play sessions for under $200 each?

Or maybe you'll become a rich and famous musician like Paul Gilbert and Al di Meola.

In these modern times, unless you play Jonas Brothers-esque powerchord filled music, you wont make a good living. Lets assume you get that degree and live in a small house/apartment by yourself. How are you going to pay for the bills, insurance and rent by being a musician? Gas prices are eventually going to be higher than $5.00 and the cost to fill up your tank will take up your entire paycheck and then some.

Music isnt in popular demand and record labels arent going to sign you because you have a degree.
If you decided you don't want to do engineering and only did it because of pressure from others, you will not enjoy it at all. Your life will suck more than if you were tight on money as a musician. My guitar teacher majored in music and he's working down in the IT department at a hospital down where the server, etc. is and he isn't piss poor i'll tell you that.
TBH I really dont care what you choose, but if you decide to major in music,
thats your choice. Dont complain if you dont end up living the way that you wanted to if you got an electrical engineering degree instead.
I'm pursuing a musical education myself, but...I already have my A-levels, and a good uni place should I decide to change my mind, or if I fail horribly at it.

The thing about music is, if you want a career outside of "Rock-God" there's actually a lot of work to be done. Think it through carefully, but don't end up doing something you're not happy with
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by seljer
continue with the EE

join us

resistance is futile (if R > 0Ω

for me, if I took music, it'd take all the fun out of it

Engineering is fun man. I'd say try it for a year.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Sora 01
Hey guys,

I listened to your recordings (one of them at least) and It was excellent!.

I think if you wanted to go into music you should definitely try it!

i just dont see the point on wasting my life doing something i hate, lifes to short.

Sounds like you've made up your mind already. Do what you want so you don't end up resenting yourself, plus you can retrain later as an engineer, or whatever you want. Putting it off now won't close down the rest of your career.
Quote by smb
On the evidence of this post, make sure you spell-check your application form for whatever you decide to take.

You just keep proving me right, don't you?

I say that if it's what you really want you should do music
Quote by Jackal58

Engineering is fun man. I'd say try it for a year.

Say's UG's Senior Engineer.

Transfer to Aerospace! Phasors and Three phase systems are no match for Bernoulli's Equation and a pair of wings!