hey, i usually wouldn't do this stuff to find out things about my equipment, id usually ask one of my m8s but none of them know if this would work....
so here is the story and my question..
i bought a ashdown perfect 10 30w combo amp a while back, and i now want to upgrade to a g-k half stack, ive chose the head and the cab i wish to get, but the price is too high, i thought i could buy the cab and use it through the speaker output, but that was to silly, so i did a bit of researching at found out the speaker outputs on the head i want, (400rb) are Two 1/4" jacks and i wondered if i could buy the head and use the output and run it into the instrument input on my ashdown for a bit untill i get enough money for the cab i wish to get, would this work??? running the outputs form that head into the inputs on my combo amp?

please reply and help me find out, it would help loads
Last edited by jammy827 at Aug 22, 2008,
im not rich man, my band is getting gigs lined up, im the least powerful member of the band, i need summit to keep up with a marshall vm i cant afford a full stack yet, it would take me over 2 years for one fo them, and i dont have the time for that., do you know if it will work??
Quote by jammy827
hey, i usually wouldn't do this stuff to find out things about my equipment, id usually ask one of my m8s but none of them know if this would work....
so here is the story and my question..
i bought a ashdown perfect 10 30w combo amp a while back, and i now want to upgrade to a g-k half stack, ive chose the head and the cab i wish to get, but the price is too high, i thought i could buy the cab and use it through the speaker output, but that was to silly, so i did a bit of researching at found out the speaker outputs on the head i want, (400rb) are Two 1/4" jacks and i wondered if i could buy the head and use the output and run it into the instrument input on my ashdown for a bit untill i get enough money for the cab i wish to get, would this work??? running the outputs form that head into the inputs on my combo amp?

please reply and help me find out, it would help loads

Not unless you want to blow out your output transformers

To be honest, running the cab out of the speaker output of your current amp is probably a much better idea.
ok :/ but it would look a bit silly, a massive g-k 4 speaker cab with a little 10 inch ashdown next to i, but i suppose, it is the only way to do it, unless anyone has any other suggestions?