14 20%
Schecter Tempest Custom
7 10%
Save up for a Gibson Les Paul
15 21%
Stick with the Epiphone G-400
6 8%
Voters: 71.
So I upgraded my amp from a bad solid state marshall to a brilliant tube bugera, which is performing perfectly for what I play. I'm still looking for a better guitar for hard rock and blues-rock (AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc.). I've narrowed it down to a few choices that I like. So UG, which guitar should I look into?
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
What are the few choices you narrowed it down too?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
you may want to enlighten us as to what those choices are...

EDIT: and what your budget is.
for the music you have there i would recommend a Les Paul, SG, or a PRS of some kind
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
I put up a poll, sorry it wasnt up before
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

For your specific styles in music, i voted HSS Strat. Seems to be the best choice.

Or if les pauls are your thing, then save up for one.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
idk it just doesnt seem right to play classic stuff like that with an ibanez or shecter : /
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
the PRS would do well for all that. the one that i played was really nice. and it was an SE Single-cut. you can also never go wrong with an LP as long as it's a gibson. thats what I would do. Save up for the nice LP.
I would say Fat Strat, since Hendrix and RHCP is hard to impossible to do with humbuckers.
the fat strat would probly do you the best
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by cerveza
you may want to enlighten us as to what those choices are...

EDIT: and what your budget is.
for the music you have there i would recommend a Les Paul, SG, or a PRS of some kind

All the options are within my budget besides the "save up for les paul"
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

The Ibanez is the one guitar on that list that really isn't built for what you want. It's a hard rock/metal guitar, not a blues-rock guitar.
The S-1 works, but the Tempest is closer to what you want, and if you're ready to upgrade you should upgrade. With that in mind, your list should look like this:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul
Fender HSS Stratocaster/ Highway One HSS
Gibson Les Paul (Which LP specifically, btw?)
PRS SE Singlecut
Schecter Tempest Custom

Hope that helps. Of those 5, I favor the Strat, PRS, and Schecter, but then I like those brands and I'm not a big Gibson fan. Your best shot is to go try them out yourself though, as you obviously like Gibson/Epiphone. Good luck!
EDIT: Contrary to Ozzy's post, the Tempest series (other than the Hellraiser, of course) is great for blues-rock and hard rock.
Last edited by Nightfyre at Aug 22, 2008,
Quote by Nightfyre
The Ibanez is the one guitar on that list that really isn't built for what you want. It's a hard rock/metal guitar, not a blues-rock guitar.
The S-1 works, but the Tempest is closer to what you want, and if you're ready to upgrade you should upgrade. With that in mind, your list should look like this:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul
Fender HSS Stratocaster/ Highway One HSS
Gibson Les Paul (Which LP specifically, btw?)
PRS SE Singlecut
Schecter Tempest Custom

Hope that helps. Of those 5, I favor the Strat, PRS, and Schecter, but then I like those brands and I'm not a big Gibson fan. Your best shot is to go try them out yourself though, as you obviously like Gibson/Epiphone. Good luck!

Thanks, and yeah, I am and always have been a gibson guy (edit: although after I try some of these for myself I could easily become a PRS/Ibanez/Schecter/Fender guy). I'm not necessarily sure which LP to go for since I don't have the money for something that expensive yet, but I would assume I would end up with the LP studio since its the most affordable.
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

You might as well cut to the chase and get a gibson, but if you want a trick guitar I'd suggest an Ibanez prestige.
if u buy the LP studio make sure that if the store brings one from the back for u to buy that u actually play THAT one cause the floor model that u try out might be great and the one from the back may be a piece of **** cause the word of mouth is that the LP studio is a coin toss meaning they are either great or a complete piece of **** with no middle ground. according to the word of mouth that i've heard of.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
i said the fender because even though an lp has a great sound its not that much different from a sg or at least in my opion
I own an american fat strat and love it. That would fit your musical tastes the best I think.
Quote by sandman-105
if u buy the LP studio make sure that if the store brings one from the back for u to buy that u actually play THAT one cause the floor model that u try out might be great and the one from the back may be a piece of **** cause the word of mouth is that the LP studio is a coin toss meaning they are either great or a complete piece of **** with no middle ground. according to the word of mouth that i've heard of.

I heard that same thing, thanks for the tip
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

Quote by sandman-105

well, there's a period at the end, so i guess he IS aware that they exist...

On an on topic note, I say a strat would be a good choice, or maybe just replace the pickups on your SG.

i dunno, but my Epi LP i bought used must be a good egg. I got it off craigslist with Seymour Duncans in it and its sounds a lot better than a few other +$800 dollar guitars i have put it up against.

I say give pickup change a try, Epiphone stock pickups are awfully muddy
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
If you wanna go Pual get the Epiphone Elitist. Also, maybe also look into normal strats as well.

^+1 Oh yea, a pup swap on the SG you own would be a good decision if you like the way it plays and feels.
Those are some diverse choices you have there...

For AC/DC you're going to want either a Les Paul or an SG out of your choices - same for Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. Now, for Pink Floyd, Hendrix and RHCP you're going to want a Strat. Nirvana can pretty much be played with anything, though.

I'd recommend an HSS Strat as a nice compromise - Fender makes a HSS Strat with a Floyd Rose on www.musiciansfriend.com for only $500 if you're interested - then you can upgade the pickups to something better.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'll give this a little bump for the sake of getting more answers
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the