I been wondering, does anyone else have a tone they always use unless they have to use a specific one in a song. I always seem to got for high bass and treble with the mids cut because I think its sounds great and punchy when you use the neck pick up with it.
I use the tone from my Boss Geb-7 on the "Bass Amplifier Simulator" mode (although i'm still messing around with it) through my Ashdown Mag, so yes my plan is to always use the same tone and then apply effects when neccessary.
Last edited by aaciseric at Aug 22, 2008,
Yes I do, but I can't divulge it, because everyone will flame me because its "wrong"
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I usually boost my low mids a lot and barely on the high mids, then boost bass and treble a decent amount. (I have to have mids in my tone because I play in a band and you won't be able to cut through the mix without them).
Quote by Spaz91
I been wondering, does anyone else have a tone they always use unless they have to use a specific one in a song. I always seem to got for high bass and treble with the mids cut because I think its sounds great and punchy when you use the neck pick up with it.

I pretty much do the opposite of this becaue I hate bass that's all thump and zing with no throaty power in the middle. My amp has a modest mid boost, a slight high cut, and the bass is currently cut a lot because I'm just hooked up to a 1*15 right now. This gives me even articulate tone without any of the clicks or zing that come with treble above half.

My tone knob is usually just slightly more to the treble side than to the bass side, If I'm using a jazz bass I slightly favor the neck pickup, I adjust the position of my right hand to whatever sounds good at the moment.

The term "default tone" is a little deceitful though, as most of the time I'm playing with my tone knob and pickup balance pretty heavily, even if I let the amp settings sit.
boost mids, boost bass a bit and sometimes boost the highs as much as the bass, but normally they are on 0
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I use different tone for different songs (sound guy love me!). Live, I'll usually use a multi-effects to change my EQ and gain, and then adjust my pick ups accordingly.
Soloing I have one clean tone - inspired by Tony Franklin and one dirty wah tone - inspired by Cliff (RIP).