He's pretty bad
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I find it hard to take someone who calls themselves 'Kid Rock' seriously.
Last edited by hazzmatazz at Aug 22, 2008,
Did you know he's just one person?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
His Summertime or whatever it's called is extremely overplayed here. I find the song annoying, but that's just me.
Quote by hazzmatazz

"Kid Country" is more fitting. It seems like the majority of his music is closer to country music than anything and yeah,

Quote by americnidiot
His Summertime or whatever it's called is extremely overplayed here. I find the song annoying, but that's just me.

this song is terrible and it also gets way too much play here, as well
------------------------------------------------------- ~ UG's Nirvana Fangirl ~ -------------------------------------------------------

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Is this new song of his the one where he just stole the piano riff from werewolves of london note for note?
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
Is this new song of his the one where he just stole the piano riff from werewolves of london note for note?

LOL, yes. I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed!
------------------------------------------------------- ~ UG's Nirvana Fangirl ~ -------------------------------------------------------

Quote by Grunge_Girl21
LOL, yes. I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed!

I'm reasonably sure he got the consent to use both that and Sweet Home Alabama. If he didn't, I'm relatively certain his ass would have been sued for blatant copyright infringement.
I'm 100 percent certain he didn't get permission from Warren Zevon.
Quote by americnidiot
I'm reasonably sure he got the consent to use both that and Sweet Home Alabama. If he didn't, I'm relatively certain his ass would have been sued for blatant copyright infringement.

Consented or not, it's pretty sad that his unoriginallity get's radioplay...

Kid Rock brands his style of music as "Southern Rock" yet this particular piece of white trash is from Detroit, Michigan.

He did have Geography in school, right?
Quote by Grunge_Girl21
Consented or not, it's pretty sad that his unoriginallity get's radioplay...

I'm not doubting that. The people who seem to think that he made the riffs himself make me angry. I honestly heard a girl say, "Man, Kid Rock really but together a fly piano part for this song." And yes, she did use "fly" to describe a piano riff.
Quote by hazzmatazz

+1

He's had a few good songs, but I hate how he just ruins at least 2 songs that arent his on each album.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by KetchupLad14
He did a cover with some female singer of "Cruisin'" didn't he? A few years back? I actually thought that was pretty good.

Otherwise, ugh.

I still think hes crap!
x
Quote by slidething31
You can sample music. He definitely got permission or he would have been sued.

I find his musical progression very funny. He started off as a DJ/Rapper, then rap rock, and now country.

That being said, I always thought he was bad.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^ Wasn't saying he didn't get permission from someone in a suit.
Quote by Lenin's Tomb
Kid Rock brands his style of music as "Southern Rock" yet this particular piece of white trash is from Detroit, Michigan.

He did have Geography in school, right?

So what? Neil Young playd southern rock and he's from Canada.

I'm not a fan, but he has been getting consistently better with each one of his albums. Remember when Bawitdaba came out? Now that's garbage.
Quote by master
So what? Neil Young playd southern rock and he's from Canada.

actually, canada is on the same latitude as spain, so technically...
Quote by trackmind
actually, canada is on the same latitude as spain, so technically...

Sorry for being a nitpicker but I think you need to have another look at the map.

Oh well, I don't think Neil Young brands his music as Southern rock himself (and I personally don't think he sounds like it either).
When I heard All Summer Long I thought it was Werewolves of London, so I turned it up. I was wrong, once I heard Kid Rock's crappy voice come in instead.

Warren Zevron just rolled in his grave when that song first came on.
lBlUlTlTlSlElClKlSl
My Anti-Drug
Quote by frankv
Sorry for being a nitpicker but I think you need to have another look at the map.

i am giving you the last chance to officially deny this assertion before i correct you.
i think hes okay but the radio over plays everything he does you get sick of it .......i think tommy lee should of kicked his ass when he had the chance ..maybe kid rock could right a song bout that
I SAW YOUR MOMMY AND YOUR MOMMYS DEAD
Quote by frankv
Why, Neil Young? Why must you be from Toronto?

But still, Spain =/= Southern Rock.

well, spain = southern europe. thus rock from spain is southern rock. and since bilbao is on the same latitude as toronto, it would only be logical if rock bands from toronto also have the prerequisites for being southern rock. far-fetched as hell (and incorrect, actually), but hey...
Quote by trackmind
well, spain = southern europe. thus rock from spain is southern rock. and since bilbao is on the same latitude as toronto, it would only be logical if rock bands from toronto also have the prerequisites for being southern rock. far-fetched as hell (and incorrect, actually), but hey...

I'd love for Neil Young to play some Spanish flamenco.
I don't usually believe in censorship, or the PMRC at all. But I think someone needs to step in and take away that man's microphone.

He can keep his turn tables, cause he's AWESOME with those.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I don't usually believe in censorship, or the PMRC at all. But I think someone needs to step in and take away that man's microphone.

He can keep his turn tables, cause he's AWESOME with those.

i think he shouldnt be aloud to be in the music business anymore!
But really noone should be able to change their genre that much! how much difference is there between hip hop rap and country i mean really its ridiculous!
x
Quote by dobbo14
But really noone should be able to change their genre that much! how much difference is there between hip hop rap and country i mean really its ridiculous!
x

Grammar be damned, I agree with a ban on Kid Rock. However, I disagree on your genre change remark because that is what showcases the artist's talent/versatility. The difference here is that Kid Rock has no talent, so he is just trying different genres in hopes of making a few bucks...

Muse went from a church organ (Megalomania) to backing a rapper, so there's nothing really bad about versatility. At least his changes are for the better. Sure it may not sound great to some of us, but simply not liking an artist isn't grounds for "banning someone from music".
Quote by americnidiot
Muse went from a church organ (Megalomania) to backing a rapper, so there's nothing really bad about versatility. At least his changes are for the better. Sure it may not sound great to some of us, but simply not liking an artist isn't grounds for "banning someone from music".

Obviously, the banning statement is just an expression of my hatred for Kid Rock which is apparently the whole point of this thread... to Dobbo! It's not something that would happen, but I personally feel he should be banned from, at the very least, my local rock radio stations.

Quote by dobbo14
x

I have no problem with that. Outkast regularly change their genre, but still have things tying it to hip-hop. I just have a problem with Kid Rock. Its like.. I think that midget guy he always had around was the one who was actually writing songs, but Kid got credit for it, and after he died.. well.. Kid Rock just stopped caring and starting doing other people's music. Cause to be honest, there are some good songs on Devil Without a Cause.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Grunge_Girl21
Grammar be damned, I agree with a ban on Kid Rock. However, I disagree on your genre change remark because that is what showcases the artist's talent/versatility. The difference here is that Kid Rock has no talent, so he is just trying different genres in hopes of making a few bucks...

Fair enough, i see where you are coming from, and yeah

KID ROCK BAN ALL THE WAY!

xxx
i saw him in concert last week with skynyrd. Since it was boston pete wolf came on and sang centerfold.
Let me say i have seen Velvet Revoler, Motley Crue, Poison, Ratt, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses and he ranks up there with Aerosmith, Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, GNR. He is amazing, versitile and awesome at everything..
*Closed*

This has turned into a haven for haters and spam.
Terms and Conditions apply.