I was wondering if anyone could suggest a decent les paul copy? I can spend up to around $750.
Thanks
you might be able to snag a used edwards for $750 if your lucky
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
why do you want a copy vs. an original

750 would get you a top line Epiphone, or a decent used Gibson

Tokai does have some nice ones, but again if you want a Les Paul, get the real deal

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Agiles are good, normally have some nice, unusual features, and are quite inexpensive. Reviews around here seem to be good, altho they are online only.
Epiphone Prophecy... Epiphone Elitist... Epiphone Les Paul Ultra... Tokai, Edwards, Burny, MIJ Epiphones, Hagstrom, ESP, PRS - all of these companies make Les Paul copies, although some of them might not be exact enough for your tastes (like ESP, Hagstrom and PRS)

Personally I think the ESP, Hagstrom and PRS copies are ugly mostly because they change the cutaway's size, making it too big or too small instead of just right as the LP is.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I am one of those who prefer a LP copy infront of original. Some copys are as good as the real ones and cheaper, and I don't really want to support Gibson 'cuz they're so overpriced.

I'd take an Greco, Hagström, Tokai over an Gibson anyday.

Altough I have an Gibson SG, which I'm goin' to sell as soon I find a better guitar
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
Quote by CJRocker
Edwards, a used ESP, Tokai, used Greco, all come to mind as solid choices.

+1

burny, orville/epiphone japan too... all those MIJ copies are bound to be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?