So i bought a used Epiphone Les Paul about a year ago on craigslist. I thought it was bad ass... until i got my Epiphone SG Custom. My LP sounds really muddy compared to my SG and the Strings are really lose even though im using 10s it also makes alot of unwanted noise when im playing. So my question is has anybody had a problem like this? i Really think it needs to be set up but it might be pickups or something...
Quote by JessicaGonzo
My LP sounds really muddy compared to my SG

Generally, Epiphone stock pickups are beyond **** and are incredibly muddy. Change them out for something more alive and suited for your music. Seymour Duncans, Dimarzio, Bare Knuckles or EMG's are popular brands for pickups.

Quote by JessicaGonzo
the Strings are really lose even though im using 10s it also makes alot of unwanted noise when im playing.

What kind of unwanted noise? When was the last time you change strings? Like you said, this may have to do with your set up.

Also, a new amp would be MEGA beneficial to your tone. The Microcube is a decent amp, but it is considered a practice amp at most. Get yourself a bitching tube amp and you'll see real tone!
+1 on the dimarizo, epiphone pick-ups suck!
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
I also have an epi LP with all stock running through a roland cube-30, and personally i think my tone is awesome, I cant say I have expirienced the same problems as you
Quote by Mwoit
Generally, Epiphone stock pickups are beyond **** and are incredibly muddy. Change them out for something more alive and suited for your music. Seymour Duncans, Dimarzio, Bare Knuckles or EMG's are popular brands for pickups.

What kind of unwanted noise? When was the last time you change strings? Like you said, this may have to do with your set up.

Also, a new amp would be MEGA beneficial to your tone. The Microcube is a decent amp, but it is considered a practice amp at most. Get yourself a bitching tube amp and you'll see real tone!

Its been a while since i changed strings i guess ill put that on my to do list...
and im going to buy a tube amp when i get my pay check on the first....