Really I'm just gas-ing right now, trying to find some new bass gear to drool over until I get the money to afford it.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Ashdown Klystron. It looks like it would be a vary versatile amp (which I would need because I play just about any genre on bass).

I'm currently using a '74 Fender Bassman 50 into a Sunn 1x15 cab and it get the job done but I really don't care for the tone much... and I tend to use the Bassman more for my guitar than I do with my bass lol.

I've been using an Ashdown Fallen Angel as my main guitar amp for almost 3 years and I love it so I'm pretty familiar with the quality of Ashdown amps... I was just wondering about the tones the Klystron would be able to produce?

Thanks for your help!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Really I'm just gas-ing right now, trying to find some new bass gear to drool over until I get the money to afford it.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Ashdown Klystron. It looks like it would be a vary versatile amp (which I would need because I play just about any genre on bass).

I'm currently using a '74 Fender Bassman 50 into a Sunn 1x15 cab and it get the job done but I really don't care for the tone much... and I tend to use the Bassman more for my guitar than I do with my bass lol.

I've been using an Ashdown Fallen Angel as my main guitar amp for almost 3 years and I love it so I'm pretty familiar with the quality of Ashdown amps... I was just wondering about the tones the Klystron would be able to produce?

Thanks for your help!

I'm not familiar with that amp, but the ashdowns I have tried had a really metal/rock kinda sound. Really nice, but not really versatile, but then again I am a noob at eq'ing
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I'd tend to disagree, while they do have a rather warm wooly tone that fits well in metal/hard rock, it is hardly limited to these genres.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
they do have a very warm tone, but i get almost rex brown sort of brightness out of my mahogany ibanez out of it, so the amp is amazingly versatile.
Im gona buy an AMB series combo cos frankly i cant tell the difference between the valve klysteron and the SS ABM.
Ashdown Owns.